MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new M&P 40 full size last night for a mere $475.00 plus 6% sales tax. I have seen the as high as $595.00 plus Tax. Just wondering what some of the other prices are around the country? I work in at a local full service gun store and our price was $575.00 +/tax which is why I went elsewere to get mine, It has to due with using different distributors.

I realy like the way it feels, I have alway been a 1911 .45 fan and have also owened a couple of Glocks (19 and 23). the first time I picked up the M&P I fell in love with it, I also like the fact that you can get them without any lawyer safety devices as a responsible gun owner I feel I should be able to decide when it gose bang.

Thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
Between $450 to $550 is the norm. You can get real good deals online $395, like buds gunshop. But then you add in shipping, FFL fees brings it back up to $450 to $550.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I paid $526 for mine M&P9 and that included sales tax, NICS and a years membership to the indoor range, a $70 value.

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
Welcome to our message board!

I paid $469 for my MP40, I've seen some lower prices, and a lot of higher prices!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I paid $399 + 6% sales tax in CT at Hoffman's Guns

it was a special they ran for the first half of december. I hadn't planned to buy the m&p but I stumbled across their website and saw the add back at the beginning of the month and was sold on the deal.

·
Registered
505 Posts
well i paid a little higher. &499 plus 8% sales tax. total with tax = $539.99

·
Registered
98 Posts
micah said:
I paid $399 + 6% sales tax in CT at Hoffman's Guns

it was a special they ran for the first half of december. I hadn't planned to buy the m&p but I stumbled across their website and saw the add back at the beginning of the month and was sold on the deal.

Cool another CT'er 8) Welcome.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I paid 439 for my my M&P 40 in MI, out the door. This was October 2006 at Guns Galore in Fenton MI. I would have paid more, but there was a "special".

Good folks at that GS if you ever get in that area of the country. It's a drive for me and I have found a good GS local to me now.

brgds

tjq

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TJG,

been there many times and left with lots. about 1 hr from house. in all of my haste to get one I foregot to check them out. maybe on the next one. What area are you from?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wayne said:
I recently paid $399 for full size, and $459 compact

I should have added for Ohioans Mid Ohio to Northern Ohio those prices I listed are for Fin Feather Fur in Ashland, Oh. Actually they still had the full size at $399, and since I paid 459, they lowered the compact to $439.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Buds, ordered the 209200 40SW on 11/20 for $369+ $25 shipping+$4 shipping insurance = $398. Paid my FFL $15 for the paperwork so it totaled out at $ 413.

Thanks to MP-PISTOL.COM forums, I learned about a couple S&W deals. I mailed in my receipt and received the free range bag and paid $103.xx for 3 additional mags.

It fits all the holsters I used for my G23. Great gun!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cheyenne,

Ypsilanti Twp. near Willis. Out in the country for this area. The GS in Fenton does have some good deals at times. I too have bought more than I intended there on occasion.

Cabelas has some pretty good sales going on right now. The wife and I just returned and it was not too packed this afternoon.

Brgds,

tjq

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone have any other sources for purchasing a pistol via mail order or online for competitive prices?

Budsgunshop is out of stock of both the 10rd and 17rd, no mag safety 9mm. Locally my best price so far for the gun and 2 mags is $590...which is a little too much for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yep, me too $399 from Hoffmans in Connecticut...I was 12th in line when to door opened on the first day of the sale.....a pure impulse purchase after seeing an advertisement in the Sunday newspaper.....priceless.....!!!

I must get around the informing the wife.....sometime....!!

:wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts