MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to WalMart to pick up some WWB range ammo in 9mm & 45 this weekend and saw there had been a price increase. Would you believe they wanted $19.56 for 100rds of 9mm and $26.87 for 100rds of 45!!!! Looked through the case some more and found the better deal for the 9mm was two 50rd boxes of Remington Green Box UMC at $8. I ended up buying three 50rd boxes of Blazer Brass at $11.31/each! Has anyone else seen these price increases?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Doing quick price checks on various sites that don't do monthly catlogs and price guarantees, that seems to be the new price range for things in the S&B/WWB/american eagle/etc range.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Yes I spent about $120 bucks last visit of .45's. But there not the only one thats high, everyone is high on ammo! Just the way of the world right now............ :?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just wondering if the price of reloading components have gone up proportionally? I don't reload but am thinking of starting. Economics would be just one of the factors to consider.

·
Registered
341 Posts
999 said:
Just wondering if the price of reloading components have gone up proportionally? I don't reload but am thinking of starting. Economics would be just one of the factors to consider.

That's one of the reasons I started reloading. The price of a box of .40 in NJ at a local place is about $15 + tax!!! I had been ordering ammo online buy the 1000 count at about $12.47 a box (that includes shipping).

The reloading supplies was a decent chunk of $$$ up front, about $1100 .... I did the math and when i reload round 10000 (about) I will have spent as much for all the reloading supplies & equipment as I would have spent buying 9500 rounds online. So it'll take some time to "break even" but after that it's worth it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe the theory behind reloading is not tat you spend less, but you get to shoot more for the same amount of money/time spent.

·
Registered
207 Posts
greatzippy said:
[quote name='999']Just wondering if the price of reloading components have gone up proportionally? I don't reload but am thinking of starting. Economics would be just one of the factors to consider.

That's one of the reasons I started reloading. The price of a box of .40 in NJ at a local place is about $15 + tax!!! I had been ordering ammo online buy the 1000 count at about $12.47 a box (that includes shipping).

The reloading supplies was a decent chunk of $$$ up front, about $1100 .... I did the math and when i reload round 10000 (about) I will have spent as much for all the reloading supplies & equipment as I would have spent buying 9500 rounds online. So it'll take some time to "break even" but after that it's worth it.[/quote]

wahoo95 said:
I believe the theory behind reloading is not tat you spend less, but you get to shoot more for the same amount of money/time spent.

Great info. Thanks.

·
Registered
708 Posts
sports authority had a sale a few weeks ago, it was 25% off thier prices on all ammo. few months back i bought a 50 rd box of winclean .40 for 10.99 vs the regualar white box 9.99

im saying watch out for thier sales.. otherwise try natches, cheaperthandirt.com and other online stores..

There was a sale posted by another user here. it was from http://www.wholesalehunter.com/ or something, i bought 500 rds of .40 american eagle for about 8.50$ a box shipped!!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
At Dicks Sporting Goods I bought a value pack of Utramax 250 rounds 9mm and the 50 count buying this way comes to $6.99.

These are 125 gr lead round nose reloads.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
wahoo95 said:
Went to WalMart to pick up some WWB range ammo in 9mm & 45 this weekend and saw there had been a price increase. Would you believe they wanted $19.56 for 100rds of 9mm and $26.87 for 100rds of 45!!!! Looked through the case some more and found the better deal for the 9mm was two 50rd boxes of Remington Green Box UMC at $8. I ended up buying three 50rd boxes of Blazer Brass at $11.31/each! Has anyone else seen these price increases?

FYI today (7/26) in S. Florida at Walmart WWB 9mm was$15.72 + tax

I wonder if different loc'ns have diff prices.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm sure they do, howver something else just occured to me. With the popularity of sites such as this and all the others like it, I've noticed a recurring theme. Everyone refers to WWB as a great deal for practice ammo......with that level of info sharing going on, I wouldn't put it past WalMart to raise the prices based on the increased demand they've seen.

·
Registered
115 Posts
darklyte24 said:
goto sports authority if u got one.. wait for thier sale.. or buy online

Ahha!!! Your the one who bought up all the .40 before me. I had to make them dig behind everything to get a couple of hidden boxes.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Walmart

Prices same for WWB 9mm ($15.72) at regular and SUPER Walmarts in So. FL

1 - 20 of 28 Posts