MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new MD.40,and I've only put 60 rds through it.Other than a 7# trigger break it shoots very good. The major concern I have is the appearance of the primer after firing! It looks like the old fashioned keyhole,(the skelton keyhole).It is worst on the CCI Blaser primer,but it is noticable on WW and on the fired case that came with it.I would pull the firing pin out and check for a burr, but thougt I would see if anybody has had this problem(and I don't know how it comes out.) Any ideas.I'm trying to get geared up for ISPSA and IDPA,but I need more stuff.I come from the High Power rifle game and this hand gun shooting is new to me. Binski

·
Registered
54 Posts
Acually, the Glock striker's shape ( Kind of like a worn out straight blade screwdriver head) causes the indent to be shaped that way on Glock shot primers.

With the M&P it is caused by the striker not retracting fast enough prior to the slide pulling out of battery so the striker drags on the pimer for a split second causing the "Keyhole" look. It shouldn't hurt anything but a slightly stronger striker spring would fix it.

Edited to add: The reason it shows up more on the blaser ammo is because it's hotter and pushes the slide out of battery faster. Mine does it and I called S&W to make sure it wasn't a problematic issue and they assured me that it's not.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have noticed the same thing last range trip shooting 165 grain umc .

wolf spring web sight says they have xp stiker spring

has any body tried there recoil spring and guid rod

it maybe my next purchase

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.I thought I had seen everything a primer might do,but this was totaly new.Now I can get back to shooting! Thanks Binski

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Bigbadaboom said:
Acually, the Glock striker's shape ( Kind of like a worn out straight blade screwdriver head) causes the indent to be shaped that way on Glock shot primers.

No, that makes it rectangular. The fact that it still protrudes during ejection is why on most glock barss the rectangle will be sharp on one side, and smeared on the other. I suspect it's just the way striker fired pistols are because of how the springs do their job in comparison to a hammer fired gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts