MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what happened, I thought I posted this yesterday but it seems I must not have. In your responses please consider that I have been concealing full sized weapons in MIlt Sparks holsters for a long time. As the title says, I am printing very badly with my M&P. I am wearing the same clothes, using a VM2 holster (maybe a problem as I am using one for a Glock 21 till the correct one gets here). I am using the small backstrap which makes the grip thinner than even a 1911, which I have carried for years with NO problem whatsoever. It is so bad my shirt seems to actually tuck itself in around the beavertail area. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
65 Posts
It sounds like your shirt material may be clinging to the polimar surface. The VM2 holds the gun a little higher than some of the other IWB like the Exec Companion or Summer Special. Are you tucking the shirt in or letting it hang outside?

The full sized M+P is a bigger pistol than a 1911 as far as width and grip length. My MP40 prints more than my G19 or Procarry. I make up for it by being a slob and not tucking anything in.

Gringop

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gringop said:
It sounds like your shirt material may be clinging to the polimar surface. The VM2 holds the gun a little higher than some of the other IWB like the Exec Companion or Summer Special. Are you tucking the shirt in or letting it hang outside?

The full sized M+P is a bigger pistol than a 1911 as far as width and grip length. My MP40 prints more than my G19 or Procarry. I make up for it by being a slob and not tucking anything in.

Gringop
A M&P is thicker in the slide but that is not the area causing a problem. It is actually thinner than a 1911 with the small backstrap on. Don't know if you missed the part about the same clothing and lots of previous carry with a VM2 and plastic weapons.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Two things off the top of my head: 1) the closer I wear my pistol to the 3 o'clock position, the better it tends to conceal - further back it conceals fine as long as I'm standing straight; sitting or bending and it prints pretty bad; 2) check and see if your belt is catching or riding on top of the triggerguard, that tends to help pull the grip in to the body. If the gun ride too high, the belt only bears on the slide and can't torque the grip into your body.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe, just maybe, the VM2 for the Glock 21 is different enough from the M&P that it doesn't work right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts