MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay folks,

I understand how to disassenble the gun from the directions, and narratives on this site. I'm not a noob at taking guns apart----but--------

After the mag is out, the slide is locked back, then move the sear release forward/down with finger/tool, the takedown lever moved down-----pull the slide to rear and the slide DOES NOT slide off the frame as it is suposed to.

I had to pull the trigger to get it to come off, and that is NOT what the directions said would have to happen to get the slide off.

I've heard pulling the trigger [ think I read it here ] to get the slide off can cause problems with something breaking.

Anyone want to enlighten me on what I'm not doing correctly, by following the manual?

Thanks

Brownie

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Make sure that the sear disconnect is "all" the way down, then "hold" the take down lever down while moving slide forward. If that doesn't do it report back!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
coltman1985,

Well, I'll be damned. I had held the takedown lever down but not hard enough apparently. I tried it twice just now, and the first time produced the same results, no slide off the frame. I tried it a second time and really pushed on the takedown lever and the slide came right off.

Problem solved, and I really appreicate the assist on this sir. Who knew it required a gooood push on the lever to get it off. I would not have pushed that hard normally, but now I know.

Thanks again

Brownie

·
Registered
215 Posts
Brownie said:
Okay folks,

I understand how to disassenble the gun from the directions, and narratives on this site. I'm not a noob at taking guns apart----but--------

After the mag is out, the slide is locked back, then move the sear release forward/down with finger/tool, the takedown lever moved down-----pull the slide to rear and the slide DOES NOT slide off the frame as it is suposed to.

I had to pull the trigger to get it to come off, and that is NOT what the directions said would have to happen to get the slide off.

I've heard pulling the trigger [ think I read it here ] to get the slide off can cause problems with something breaking.

Anyone want to enlighten me on what I'm not doing correctly, by following the manual?

Thanks

Brownie
I had a simular problem with my full size .40 when it was new, however it went away afer firing a coupla' hundred rounds.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Brownie said:
pull the slide to rear and the slide DOES NOT slide off the frame as it is suposed to.

why not release slide stop?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts