MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done cleaning my M&P compact 9 and my Sig P239, .357 Sig from our range trip a couple hours ago. The cleaning went fine although my girlfriend made an excuse not to attend the cleaning session because of some over grown shrubs. Anyway, my M&P compact 9 burpped today at the range and I was wondering if anyone else had this particular problem. First of all my serial number is MPL 64**, definitively not one of the first ones manufactured. I have at this point about five hundred rounds though my M&P mostly WWB, Remington UMC and Speer Gold Dot 124 grain +P ammo. Today at about one hundred and twenty round though it, my trigger did not reset on the last round from the magazine which was chambered into the weapon. I sqeezed the trigger, the trigger came straight back and nothing happened. At first I thought my be the slide stop did not engage, but pulling back the slide, out popped the untouched round. I believe it was one of the WWBs. I rechambered the round from the mag and everything from that point on seemed normal. No work was ever done to this weapon since new from the factory, just cleaned, oiled and shot. Actually I really don't think the type of ammo had anything to do with the trigger not reseting.

I was just wondering if anyone else ever had this problem with their M&P? Oh yes, no problems with magazines falling out. I never encountered that.

BTW, this has no bearing what so ever on my two plus weeks of customer service issues I'm currently having with Smith & Wesson concerning the repairs of a different firearm. On this I am still holding my tongue and pictures for about another week.

Thanks,

Dennis

·
Registered
129 Posts
Is it possible that the round did not fully chamber and the slide stopped with the pistol out of battery? If that happened, the trigger would do exactly what you described.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess its very possible. Like I said I thought the slide just didn't lock back, so I just pulled the slide and the round popped out. This never happened to me with this or any other of my weapons. I'll just keep an eye on it and check it further if it happens again.

Thanks,

Dennis

·
Registered
206 Posts
My 410s would that exact same thing with WWB ammo... It would chamber a round but the slide wouldn't go forward all the way... It is possible it still could be the ammo..

Just my opinions..

Ben

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come to think of it, I'm almost 100% sure the slide was completley closed before I pulled it rearward and the cartridge extracted from the chamber. Now I'm just about positve. I did look at the slide before racking the slide. Reading a couple of these posts, this just dawned on me. If anything didn't seem correct with the function of the weapon and it would have been out of battery enough not to reset the trigger, I would have seen it.

Still scratching my head, thanks for the comments.

Dennis

·
Registered
53 Posts
their are so many reasons why i sold my s&w m&p9c. i loved it when it 1st came it. but their are a lot of flaws. mag release, slide release, trigger & slide had to much play.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts