MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i go to chamber my Gold Dot HP's it gets stuck and it wont slide forward and chamber a round it's almost like it is getting hung up on something and i have to pull back a couple times before it will finaly chamber. i tried to chamber the whole mag and it does it for almost all of them (did it twice) anyone else have this problem? No nicks on the barrel ramp either.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
completely releasing! i do only have 24 rounds of Winchester 115 gr FMJ through it. Havent had time to take to the range to be able to shoot more.

·
Registered
132 Posts
When that happens, as it has for me as well, tap the rear of the slide with your open palm and it will release, priming the weapon. After I did this a dozen or so times, whatever was causing the friction disappeared and it doesn't do that anymore.

·
Registered
53 Posts
s&w needs to retool the m&p's! thats why i sold my nib compact. went back with a glock 19. to many problems with all the m&p's!

·
Registered
498 Posts
1enforcer I haven't seen you post one constructive comment yet. Are you having fun trolling? You do realize that it will seem like a lot of people of issues on an M&P forum, that's what internet forums are for. Go look at the apple forums right now, its all complaints, makes it seem like they are all broken. That is until you hear that they sold upwards of 300,000 of those iPhones this weekend, then the number of problems being reported in online forums is very low. The same thing happens here, people who aren't having issues usually won't take the time to find a forum for their product. I only know about this forum because I ran across it researching pistols before I bought a new one. Now unless your going to contribute something positive to the conversation, by all means do it. Otherwise, leave because we don't need to hear it. I had problems with my G22, do you see me all over the glock forums raising hell? No, so I kindly ask for the same respect in return. Thank you and have a nice day.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
jediihaf said:
1enforcer I haven't seen you post one constructive comment yet...

I have.

And I think you need to leave the moderating to the admin/moderators. If you have a problem with a post, feel free to PM an admin or moderator.

Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
FLJohn,

I had the same problem with my 9c and GD HP ammo. You can do a search and see where I brought it up awhile back. I did not have that same issue with other brands. Anyway, yes, a tap is all it takes to get the round to feed.

I've had my 9c to the range and have put I believe 400 rounds through it, 100 of which were the Gold Dot +P 124 gr. I did not have a single issue with any of the ammo fired, including the GD. I fired WWB, Blazer aluminum, Remington UMC, and of course the GD. It seems to feed that initial round much better now, although the occasional tap is still necessary, but there are no issues when firing, so rest assured that it'll be fine.

·
Registered
414 Posts
YukonGlocker.... you are doing an incredible job of moderating this forum. Some admins on some forums would delete or ban people for their valid, real-life criticisms.... you have held your stay and tried to see the reality and the wisdom of constructive criticisms and I think that over the long run, this forum and the pistol line will benefit from your measured tolerance of the expression of varying viewpoints. I applaud you and the job you are doing.

The M&P is an awesome design with tremendous potential, but it is brand new design, is experiencing some not-unexpected teething problems, and probably isn't quite ready to reign equally alongside well-established competitors for "M" and "P" use... But our use of the guns and our honest evaluation and relayed experience with them here will hopefully contribute to improvements, refinements, and a better, more reliable product down the road. Two years from now I'd be surprised if the M&P line hasn't made serious inroads against competing pistol lines... it's got a great start and with design improvements in a couple of commonly noted problem areas, should be a slam-dunk, heavy-hitter pistol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts