MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if any of you have come across this with your guns, but the finish on the slide of my m&p40 doesnt look right. I have always put a light coat of oil on it after shooting, but i keep getting these discoloration spots on the slide. the usually disappear when i first put some oil on it but then the next time i take the gun out of the case there back. i put some pictures hear but it was really hard to take a picture of, so the spots are hard to see.

has anybody else come across this? any idea what i should do or put on it to get rid or them?

thanks

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i dont know how i managed to put this in the wrong forum, but if someone could put it in the general discussion forum for me that would be great

thanks

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I can't really see because of the blurry pics. You need to focus the camera on the gun. You might have to move the gun further from the camera, and then zoom in.

What forum do you want this in?

·
Registered
573 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry about the pics being so blury...having trouble getting good pics of it...ill try to get some better one and repost them...all i know is that the discoloration wasnt on there when i first got it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
PatM&P,

I think there has been a discussion on this and I believe the discoloration

is normal due to the melonite process.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I dunno, the pictures are too blurry to tell but it looks like there are some light rust or tan colored smudges on his slide. That's not the normal "swirls" we have previously discussed and discounted to being part of the melonite process.

Need better pics!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heres another pic but i dont know if you'll be able to see it any better....there is discoloration in front of and behind the ejection port if you can see it....its really hard to get it to show up in a picture.

·
Registered
319 Posts
i have samething on my slide. I really do not see the big issue with it, as there is no rust, or peeling of coating. Its my gun, and since i bought it new, i just see it as more like personalized rather then see it as defect.

If it really really bothers u, send it to Dan berwell's, and he'll media blast it to nice natural SS silver for 30bucks

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i doesnt really bother me, i just wasnt sure if it was anything to be concerned with. Such as a bad finish or something....i know, i know the pics are blurry but i cant get it to show up any better in the pics.

·
Registered
64 Posts
a bad finish is putting it in the glovebox overnight and when you get it the next day it's rusted
no not my m&p another handgun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts