MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the M&P 45 today. Won't be able to go shoot for a few days so decided to do the trigger job since the last one on my 40 went so smooth. Got all steps complete and reassembled. Dry fired and doesn't make a loud click. Started going back through it comparing to my 40 and found the FP block isn't catching the striker assembly correctly. It will make a soft click but won't push the fire pin out. When you pull the striker back it will reset the FP block, then you can push down on the FP block and it will make a soft click but not pushing the firing pin out like the 40 does. The striker assembly is made with black plastic and a lil different than the one on my older 40 which is white.

Any ideas?????

Seems like FP block isn't grabbing the striker correctly. Doesn't seem like it is anything due to my modifications. Although, It was dry firing before I messed with it.

PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
936 Posts
Did you radius the FP stop plunger? If you took too much off of it, it wont let the striker pass freely in the channel.

It Doesn't sound like its pushing it down enough to let the striker free to move when the trigger's pulled.

Next possibility is that the fp plunger isnt installed properly and got cockeyed when you knocked the rear sight back in.

Or maybe its fine,

did you do the pencil test?

A trigger jobbed M&P can have a quieter "snap" when the triggers pulled, thats ok.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats the pencil test?

Didn't take to much of the FP block. It is less than my 40's. I have the slide removed from my gun and am looking at the striker. It won't work properly when I push the FP block down. It won't snap the pin forward. I pull the striker back and the FP block snaps back up, but when I push it down nothing happens and it stays down till I pull the striker back again. I can slide the striker forward and make the pin come out, but it won't come out when I push the FP block down simulating a trigger pull.

I'm doing the same on my 40 and when I push the FP block down it snaps the firing pin out then pulls it back in.

·
Registered
936 Posts
put a long pencil, eraser end first, in the barrel of the empty pistol; pull the trigger.

Does it move at all?

·
Registered
370 Posts
When i first got my 40C, I noticed that when dry firing that it was a soft sound. After shooting it and looking at the spent cases, it is doing exactly what it was intended to. I'd try the pencil test as mentioned.

·
Registered
370 Posts
When i first got my 40C, I noticed that when dry firing that it was a soft sound. After shooting it and looking at the spent cases, it is doing exactly what it was intended to. I'd try the pencil test as mentioned.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Negative on the pencil test. The firing pin is not coming out.

Its got to be the firing pin assembly. And the one from my 40 doesn't fit right. Think I am going to be in a binde trying to find on for a 45.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fixed it. It was the striker assembly. The little lip that fits in between the groove of the plunger was chipped off. Put some weld on it and filed down to fit perfect. Worked like a charm. S&W is sending me a new assembly for free and I will change it out once the new part comes in.

·
Registered
936 Posts
good man! 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts