MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from Springfield after going to the Range and a couple of local Dealers. Here's the scuttlebutt:

1. There is a third party that will soon introduce a drop-in trigger assembly for the M&P.

2. S&W expects to see the CTC laser for M&P Compacts in early February.

3. The MA compliant M&P45 will be available in February.

·
Registered
138 Posts
yea, what's the difference in drop in trigger??

Why didn't a third party come in with a drop-in fire control system for the Sigma, if that happened I would buy Sigmas all day long because of how simple they are...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe it's a "trigger job in a box" like those for Glock from Lightning Strike or Ghost.

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
There are several companies already offering drop in triggers for AR's, Chip McCormick and Timney are 2 of them.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
ToddG said:
Product rumor: The M&P10 (10mm) is planned for release on 1-Apr-08.

:twisted:
Now this is the one I have been waiting for
I cannot wait to see how the M&P will tame the 10mm. Should be one awesome gun.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
[quote name='ToddG']Product rumor: The M&P10 (10mm) is planned for release on 1-Apr-08.

:twisted:
Now this is the one I have been waiting for
I cannot wait to see how the M&P will tame the 10mm. Should be one awesome gun.[/quote]Dang, that means that I now have to budget for three M&Ps for 2008 - assuming they bring them to the PRK. A 45c, a 9Pro and now a 10mm! Oh well, where there's a will there's a way. I have no will power when it comes to buying guns. I've even paid off the PC1911 early so I could start shooting it late next week.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
ToddG said:
(the release date, April Fool's Day, was sort of a hint .....)
I don't know when it will be released but I know there has been at least one made and tested.

sholling said:
Dang, that means that I now have to budget for three M&Ps for 2008 - assuming they bring them to the PRK. A 45c, a 9Pro and now a 10mm! Oh well, where there's a will there's a way. I have no will power when it comes to buying guns. I've even paid off the PC1911 early so I could start shooting it late next week.

Sounds like you have a strong will.... a will to buy more guns.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
I don't know when it will be released but I know there has been at least one made and tested.

Well, my post was meant just as a joke. I wasn't aware there was a prototype. Last I spoke to S&W (a couple of different folks over the holiday) there was no mention of it. But heck ... the more the merrier!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
[quote name='ToddG'](the release date, April Fool's Day, was sort of a hint .....)

[/quote]

If you're teasing.. you're just plain mean.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
/quote]Sounds like you have a strong will.... a will to buy more guns.
I really only need the 45c and maybe the 9pro and hopefully S&W will do a PRK approved 4" alloy framed Officers 1911. That's almost all I need to round out my collection.

BTW Dan those trigger jobs turned out nice!

·
Registered
599 Posts
CT MPc

I talked to a nice lady from CT about 2 weeks ago and she said they talked about the

MPc grips, but nothing was in the works. Maybe at the Shot Show this year? I would think

they would want to get it out for the dealers to see? Hope so.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Go to shootingindustry.com to see what S&W is bring out including midsize 4" M&P in 45acp. From what I heard full size frame with the 4" barrel later a compact frame using same 4" barrel sound like you can mix and match.

Z

·
Registered
94 Posts
A 22 kit would be great. Don't know about the price of ammo in the US but, up here at my range it is 14.99 a box plus taxes.

·
Registered
573 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I saw the Crimson Trace forum response regarding March 1st and mentioned it to someone at the S&W retail store when I was there yesterday. He said that they expect to receive them in early February. It seems to make sense that S&W would receive the first shipment since they are part of the joint venture. S&W sells them over the counter for $ 259.00.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts