MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you folks in the know as far as uspsa production division, would it be legal to shoot without any backstrap in place?

thanks.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I don't know.

This question came up before on here; and I don't think it was ever answered.

(How do you like the M&P???)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the fit and finish, I like how it points, but I gotta smooth out the pin safety, bleech.

Havent shot it yet.

·
Registered
115 Posts
olyeller said:
Do you folks in the know as far as uspsa production division, would it be legal to shoot without any backstrap in place?

thanks.

Not to sound dense, but why would you want to do this ?. I'm an RO for USPSA and honestly i don't know the answer either.. i'll see if i can find out.

Jeff.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Although I haven't tried it, quite a few people have said the M&P is very comfortable to shoot without a grip insert.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mousekiller said:
[quote name='olyeller']Do you folks in the know as far as uspsa production division, would it be legal to shoot without any backstrap in place?

thanks.

Not to sound dense, but why would you want to do this ?. I'm an RO for USPSA and honestly i don't know the answer either.. i'll see if i can find out.

Jeff.[/quote]

I hate how all the grip inserts have a palm swell; Im so used to shooting 1911s with flat mainspring housings that this seems foreign. Also, A little grip tape on the flats of the frame and this sucker aint leaving my hands for nothing.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I asked the question of John Amidon

Here's what i asked : "Would it be legal to shoot the M&P and or any other pistol with modular back straps in production without the backstap in place ?."

Here's the reply.

The pistol was produced and verified for Production with a back strip in place, should someone

attempt to shoot a match without a back strap, it would be considered an external modification

other than sights and not allowed.

Regards,

John Amidon

VP USPSA

Director NROI

Now that's for Production, I didn't ask for L-10 or Limited.

Jeff.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool,

from the mouth of Armageddon himself.

thanks much!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts