MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you want to promote the site, by putting a link in your sig line somewhere else, this is what you need to insert:

Replace"{" with [

"{"url=http://phpbb.freeforumsite.com/]M&P Forums[/url]

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm, you have to have HTML turned on for it to work in your sig.

you can also just put:

phpbb.freeforumsite.com

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure on that site... usually there is a box you check.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'll help spread the word.

I just added the link to this forum to my profile at another forum. I'll add it to some others as soon as I use them again. I really like S & W products so I was really glad to find this one.

In most of the other forums there is not as much info on S & W as I think there should be. Lots of Glock, P99 & XD fans. I think the MP will get more popular as they come out with the compacts & 9mm, 357 sig & even the 45 eventually. I would much rather they put out a good product later than rush to put out inferior weapons now. The word on bad products spreads fast in gun circles & could really set a manufacturer back for a long time.

My next purchase will be the MP in 40 caliber.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree, the XD for example. The one problem that they are never going to solve is the locking block problem. I had 4 total, and even the "new" locking block was starting to stress. They needed to relieve the barrel lockup like smith did with its models, and this will solve the problem...

Springfield is going to have a hayday with warrenty issues. In my XD days I recieved 2 NEW XD's and one that just recieved repair work..

Don't get me wrong, I loved the way mine shot, but I don't want to have 3 pistols so 2 can be in forrepair while one is on my belt.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Getting back on track, I ended up putting the address in my sigline, just not hot linked.

Quick question, was the problem with XD's caliber specific? Because I really would like to add and XD to my collection. I want it in a 9mm.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It wasn't specific, but the 40/357 sig line had more issues cause of the pressures on recoil. Eventually you'll have it on all offered calibers, even those with the "new" locking block.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Jester said:
I agree, the XD for example. The one problem that they are never going to solve is the locking block problem. I had 4 total, and even the "new" locking block was starting to stress. They needed to relieve the barrel lockup like smith did with its models, and this will solve the problem...

Springfield is going to have a hayday with warrenty issues. In my XD days I recieved 2 NEW XD's and one that just recieved repair work..

Don't get me wrong, I loved the way mine shot, but I don't want to have 3 pistols so 2 can be in forrepair while one is on my belt.

I've had three XDs, and still have my XD45. I've never heard of a locking block problem. I've never had any issue with any of my XDs. The only reason I don't have my XD .40 any more is I didn't need two, and I have my M&P. My XD45 has upward of 2000 rounds through it now and after I clean i t, it still looks brand new...no signs of any wear anywhere. Depending on what the M&P45 turns out to be like, I'll likely have my XD45 forever.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
toocool said:
[quote name='Jester']I agree, the XD for example. The one problem that they are never going to solve is the locking block problem. I had 4 total, and even the "new" locking block was starting to stress. They needed to relieve the barrel lockup like smith did with its models, and this will solve the problem...

I've had three XDs, and still have my XD45. I've never heard of a locking block problem. I've never had any issue with any of my XDs. The only reason I don't have my XD .40 any more is I didn't need two, and I have my M&P. My XD45 has upward of 2000 rounds through it now and after I clean i t, it still looks brand new...no signs of any wear anywhere. Depending on what the M&P45 turns out to be like, I'll likely have my XD45 forever.[/quote]

head over to XDtalk.com and do a search, you'll see the pictures, and then start looking yourself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts