MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading on another forum that PT makes night sights for the M&P. So I emailed them and received a quick response back that they do make them for the M&P and they are $89 +$12 shipping. I did not ask about prices for any other models of sights (they have dot and bar styles). They also said that I could ship them my slide and they would install them for me for free.

I know there are a lot of us looking for night sights for our M&P and I was wondering if anybody has PT night sights for their M&P?

Does anybody know anything about PT night sights? Good, Bad, anything?

Greg

·
Registered
255 Posts
I used PT sights on my Glock 27 with good results. Hearing that they make them for the M&P leads me to believe I'll be ordering a pair tomorrow.

·
Registered
189 Posts
PT had alot of QC problems years ago. I didn't know they were even still around. Most dealers like Brownell's dropped them and haven't seen them for sale anywhere. I would be very weary of PT's. Be patient and all the makers will have sights for the M&P soon.

·
Registered
255 Posts
bigkracka said:
PT had alot of QC problems years ago. I didn't know they were even still around. Most dealers like Brownell's dropped them and haven't seen them for sale anywhere. I would be very weary of PT's. Be patient and all the makers will have sights for the M&P soon.

Really? I had no problems with mine. What sort of things were going wrong?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bigkracka said:

That was one of the reasons I asked. Brownell's, Midway and Cabella's do not stock them and there are not too many dealers on the internet (searched using google). I did not know if they were new or what the situation was.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PT sights

I received my order of green on green triple bar enhanced (I figured I would give the bar style a chance, I have never seen that style before). Using my sight installation tool, the front went on as expected. The back not go so well. I measured the base of the removed sight and the replacement and did a few other checks and started sliding it on. I wound up damaging the rear sight because the angle of the dove tale was cut incorrectly. I did not damage the pistol’s slide and reinstalled the standard rear sight.

I have installed almost a dozen Meprolights and Trijicons on Sigs, H&Ks and two XDs with out any issues with this tool and everything has worked perfectly.

The sight seems to be well made as far as material goes, but if anybody asks I would wait for another manufacturer to come out with the sights for the M&Pc or send their slide to MMC to install them for you (they said they would do it for free, just ship them the slide).

[/quote]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts