MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my 9mm full size - while no functional issue - i'm having strange issue, which I'm not sure if its an issue or not.

After last round is fired, slide stays open. But then whenI insert next mag, slide stop release itself with out me pushing down on the release.

Now as long as I insert new mag nice and slow, slide stays open. But if u insert it normally, like you would with any other gun, slide would relase itself.

Now I called S&W, and guy told me that M&P is designed such so that any sort of jarryng to the slide that would move slide back even, and I quote "1/1000", it'll lerease. and thats normal. But after while, it'll wear itself out little that this would stop from happening.

But this makes no sense to me. Loose parts usually do not get tighter with use, and not to mention that if I shake the gun vigurously while slide is open, it will not release itself.

Does anyone else have this probrem? Should I call S&W back?

·
Registered
231 Posts
some people actually consider this a feature in their pistols... however i wouldn't care for it... when i do combat reloads i go the way of the English and pull back on the slide after every new mag... but ill save that discussion for another thread

1 - 6 of 6 Posts