MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking a CLEET handgun course this weekend and had debated on whether to try and qualify with my full sized or compact. Yesterday, we did our first attempt at qualification and I was able to shoot a 100% score with the compact. Granted, it's not the toughest qualification course in the world. 2 to the chest, 1 to the head twice from 5 yards, 6 to the chest from 7, 2 to the chest from 15, 6 to the chest from 25, 2 of these are kneeling, 2 right side barricade, 2 left side barricade with weak hand. We go back today for another 130 rds but no pressure since I already have a score posted. This compact is a great pistol, and has given me no problems whatsoever. The real test will be next weekend at Tom Givens Combat Pistol II course. I understand he really pushes you and we will be firing 1500 rds in two days. I'm going to shoot the compact but have my full sized in the bag in case I need it.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Congrats on the qual, do your superiors care if you shoot a duty weapon or not? Are you authorized to carry the M&P9c?

And keep us posted on how the class goes.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
superiors

I'll be working for myself as a licensed PI so I can carry the compact. Yukon, my right pinky is a little sore already from ridng the bottom of the grip, other than that, I think it will be ok. I may go ahead and do the class with my full sized, I think I'll get Tom's advice before we start. I'll be taking both and they have a couple of back up drills where my Kahr PM9 will come out of hiding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts