MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have a simple question to determine if my 40c is working properly or not. when the mag is out and you pull the slide back it doesn't lock in the rear postition like many other guns i've used. It locks back durring normal shooting times after shooting the last round but not when you pull it back with no mag in. Anyone know if this is normal?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
It's normal.

The magazine follower is what pushes the slide lock up.

With a mag not in the pistol, just use your thumb to push up on the slide lock while you retract the slide.

·
Registered
936 Posts
99ncxj said:
I just have a simple question to determine if my 40c is working properly or not. when the mag is out and you pull the slide back it doesn't lock in the rear postition like many other guns i've used. It locks back durring normal shooting times after shooting the last round but not when you pull it back with no mag in. Anyone know if this is normal?

What guns have you used lock back with no magazine?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Just to follow on with YG's post ... if you have a semiauto pistol that locks back on its own when there is no magazine in the gun (or a magazine that has rounds in it), there is a problem with the mag catch or mag catch spring. I'm not aware of any pistol that is designed to lock back automatically when the magazine well is empty.

·
Registered
936 Posts
ToddG said:
Just to follow on with YG's post ... if you have a semiauto pistol that locks back on its own when there is no magazine in the gun (or a magazine that has rounds in it), there is a problem with the mag catch or mag catch spring. I'm not aware of any pistol that is designed to lock back automatically when the magazine well is empty.

What I was thinking, too, Todd.

I want to say that theres a mil surplus pistol that does that, if I can recall.

-or maybe its a subgun, I cant remember.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you all are probably correct in this. I was thinking the glock and xd did that...but i guess i was thinking about when the mag is in but empty. Thanks for setting a newbie strait.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts