MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a M&P 9mm and I'm wondering how this pistol will handle reloads. Anyone have any experience with feeding or ejection problems with reloaded ammo?

·
Registered
207 Posts
TheJerk said:
I am considering a M&P 9mm and I'm wondering how this pistol will handle reloads. Anyone have any experience with feeding or ejection problems with reloaded ammo?

Mine has had no problem eating anything I fed it.

·
Registered
599 Posts
reloads

Mine is new full size 40 cal. After putting over 200 rnds of commercial ammo,

I tried my 155g TFP from Star with 5.5 grns 231. About 1100 fps if I remember

correctly. Always read your reloading manual for safe,correct loads. Good luck

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
My 40 has yet to choke on anything I've thrown at it, as long as the quality of the reloads is there it should work fine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

Thank you all for the help. I assumed that would be the answer but I'd rather find out before I buy.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Same here ... just started reloading shortly after gettng my M&P 40. Once I got the crimp & bullet seating dies set right I've yet to have an issue with any of the rounds I made (except the one that didn't have any powder in it :roll: or the one that had a bad primer )

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've only shot 250 rounds thu my M&P9 - all reloads (3 different powders/loads!)

0 Problems!

EDIT: make it 300 rounds! 8)

·
Registered
937 Posts
I've had a few feed issues with loads in the 1.130+ OAL range. Sometimes doesn't return to battery. anything shorter works fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
gtg

I've reloaded about 750 115gr TMJ so far with lengths from 1.160" down to 1.125" with no feed or eject problems. I use the Lee Anniversary Kit for reloading with the nice 4 die set with the factory crimp die. I like it a lot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts