MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my most recent cleaning of my new M&P and noticed the slightest hairline crack in the trigger. It is on the right side of the trigger. It comes from the hole by the larger of the two pins. The one that connects to the trigger bar. It starts at the back of the hole and works its way towards the back of the trigger. In length it is about 2mm's long. And it is ONLY on the right side. The left side is in perfect condition. I almost wonder if during assembly the pin was installed just a bit too far or hard causing the small crack?

So the question is, how much stress is that particular pin under? I mean this crack is very, very tiny. but it is a crack in the plastic none the less. I tried to take pics of it but since the trigger is very shiney plastic, the pics came up as nothing but glare.

Should I get this part replaced ASAP? Any help from one of the wonderful gunsmiths here would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

The Guinea

BTW, I have tried calling S&W customer service ALL morning and keep getting a busy signal. Hence the reason I am posting this question here.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I wouldn't worry for now, but having said that I would replace it. No stress in that area, but it still puts up with the constant recoil.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jester said:
I wouldn't worry for now, but having said that I would replace it. No stress in that area, but it still puts up with the constant recoil.

Thanks, I kind of figured the same. But I just wanted to get another couple of opinions. It would be nice if S&W would answer their friggin phone sometime today. I can easily pull the trigger assembly out, so when (and if) I get a hold of S&W they can just send me a new trigger assembly under warranty. More than likely though they will want the pistol. It would suck to have to give up the pistol after having it for such a short time.

Thanks again.

The Guinea

1 - 3 of 3 Posts