MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting an M&P 9 for IDPA, haven't shot in comp of any kind in 7 years. Question: if I get an M&P 9 and have Burwell do a trigger job and sights, this will no longer be a service class wepon will it? I forget the rules, it's been a while and I use to use a stock Glock 17. Has anyone used an M&P 9 with any mods in IDPA, and also anyone use the M&P 9 stock out of the box in IDPA? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The M&P will shoot in the SSP class and a sight change and trigger job will not affect this. Add stipling to the grip and you will have to shoot in ESP.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I think that even with stipling it can still be categorized as SSP as long as you don't modify the overall dimension. If it's for added grip, I see many still shooting in SSP with weapons that have been worked on by Bowie.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Pac757,

45guy is right, but no externally visible modifications are allowed in SSP. You can use non-perm modifications for grip such as grip tape or Hogue sleeve. For exact rules check out the IDPA website @ IDPA.com

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, I care more about what's inside it, then what it looks like, Like when I was a kid we use to take a totally stock older 4 door chevelle or belair and drop a 396 in it, "a sleeper"

thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts