MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my 9c, and although I have not had a chance to fire it, I have loaded a full magazine into the pistol. When I rack the slide, the round wants to hang up and not load into the chamber, unless I tap the rear of the slide with my hand. I've never had a pistol do this, so any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I load it just like you and never release the slide stop. I'm using Speer Gold Dot. However, I just tried it with some Blazer Aluminum cased ammo and it did not do that. I guess I will just have to see how it shoots.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kenn1320 said:
I lock the slide back, put the clip in gently, and when Im ready, I release the slide by only flipping the lock release. Dont let the slide down manually, thats not how the gun was intended to work. When you fire a round, that slide comes back grabs another shell, and slams home. I wouldnt be tripping the slide lever on an empty mag though.

This is how I do it, others may do it differently.

Ken

Ken, just some friendly advice, but I would never load it that way. First, it is a slide stop, not a slide release. By using the stop to chamber a round, you risk not having the slide going fully into battery, and that could definitely present a problem should you ever need to reload quickly. By pulling the slide back after loading a mag and "slingshooting" it, you use the full force of the spring to chamber a round. Plus, you can actually "peen" the slide by using the slide stop, something that will happen with a 1911 and likely an M&P over time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.