MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you mention enhanced triggers, what does that entail? Are we talking about "hair triggers"?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ricks2524 said:
When you mention enhanced triggers, what does that entail? Are we talking about "hair triggers"?

Usually not. When I ask for a trigger job, I am looking at enhancing the feel, lightening the pull a little (I really like 4 to 4.5# on a semi auto and about 6# on a DA revolver) improving the reset charactoristics, and allowing a trigger pull to make my shooting more accurate.

For this reason, my M&P 40 was done by Mr Burwell and he currently has my M&P 9MM for the same job. I am now a repeat offender with him

Regards,

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Many trigger jobs also entail shortening pre-travel and over-travel. These characteristics have nothing to do with pull weight.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Rick 2524. The trigger jobs as a broad brush stroke here include smoothing it out, getting rid of the gritty feel in the factory trigger. Fitting the sear to firing pin engagement to make the trigger break more crisp. Also decreasing the overtravel and reset. I do two trigger jobs that accomplish this at different points in the trigger cycle. Trigger pull wieght can be then adjusted in this process.

This is kind off a brief over view but I hope this helps.

CHECK 360

David Bowie

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I'm not new to firearms, but new to nitty gritty about them. This site and others have been a great wealth of information

1 - 8 of 8 Posts