MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
Can someone look at their sear block on their gun and tell me if there is a polished mark on the top of it? On my original sear and now on the Apex sear, there is an obvious polishing on the top of it where I assume the striker is rubbing it as it goes by.
I am having issues with occasional light strikes (9 of 200 today) and am trying to determine the cause.
I have been in touch with Mark at Apex (great guy, quick to respond, and great service) and he sent me a new trigger with different geometry hoping that it was a timing issue. It didn't fix things.
If the polishing is normal...I will look elsewhere. If not...maybe that is another clue for Mark and Apex.
Thanks for any help.
Peter
BTW if I can get this gun running reliably with this trigger....it will be fantastic. The difference from factory to this Apex flat faced forward set trigger kit is amazing.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
question re: sear in M&P 9c and Apex trigger

Mine has some towards the back of the sear. Have the FSS with poly trigger, haven't had any problems.
Edit just saw your pic mine is showing the wear in the same spot but not nearly as pronounced and I've got around a 1000 rounds on mine.

·
Registered
8,322 Posts
That "polished mark" is normal, it's caused by the striker wiping across the sear during reset. The striker does not rub against the sear when released.

You might want to clean out the striker channel with some non-chlorinated brake cleaner, since light strikes are usually caused by oil/dirt related striker drag or "pistoning". If you have over 5000 rounds through your M&P (armorer's recommended replacement cycle for strikers), you'll want to consider replacing the striker assembly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies. I thought the polish was normal. I have already cleaned the striker channel, disassembled and reassembled the gun completely several times. The gun has about 1,000 rounds through it (at most).
I am waiting to hear back from Apex but I think the next step is to reinstall all of the original parts and check reliability with that to make sure that it is an Apex issue and not the gun.
I bought the gun and trigger at the same time so cannot attest to its perfect reliability prior to the apex install. It had maybe 100 rounds through it.
Thanks again for the feedback.
Peter

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are you having reset issues also? Fine tuning the d loop on the end of the trigger bar to completely flatten the sear is what you are looking for in order for the gun to fire properly, and reset. The APEX triggers are terrific but there is an element of screwing around to get them to work as intended sometimes. I find they work better on an M&P when they are installed after the gun has been broken in. Also, APEX should make a trigger bar that is drop in ready for the FSS conversion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts