MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
M2.0 9mm FDE 5"
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Smith and Wesson M2.0 9mm 5"FDE with an RMR cut out already on my slide. I am purchasing a Holosun 507C RDS. I am unsure what plate would seat this RDS. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also looked at DPP on Amazon but not sure where to find their website.

·
Registered
578 Posts
If your gun has an "RMR cut" the 507c will not need a "plate" as they are the RMR and 507c use the same footprint.

If you're saying "RMR cut" meaning the generic factory cut that requires plates, I can't help as all my slides are milled for the RMR.

With that said the generic factory cut that requires plates is referred to as an RDS cut, as the "Trijicon RMR" is an actual patented product. When you say RMR it means that specific sight.

·
Registered
M2.0 9mm FDE 5"
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your gun has an "RMR cut" the 507c will not need a "plate" as they are the RMR and 507c use the same footprint.

If you're saying "RMR cut" meaning the generic factory cut that requires plates, I can't help as all my slides are milled for the RMR.

With that said the generic factory cut that requires plates is referred to as an RDS cut, as the "Trijicon RMR" is an actual patented product. When you say RMR it means that specific sight.
Yes, my slide has the RMR cutout. I had it sent to a shop to have it cutout. Thanks for the help. I fairly new to building and customization of a handgu.

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
Yes, my slide has the RMR cutout. I had it sent to a shop to have it cutout. Thanks for the help. I fairly new to building and customization of a handgu.
You're welcome, glad to help.

You might need to ask the shop what size screws to use to mount the sight (if you do not already know).

The shop I have do the milling uses larger screws (the stock Trijicon screws won't fit in the holes they tapped). I'm not sure if the shop you used does that or if they set them up for stock screws.

I know mine with larger screws and a Trijicon RMR require 12 inch pounds of torque to secure the sight. Some people say to use lock tite on the screws but I have not had one get loose in the 5 years I've been running them.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Ok

Are you aware the Holosun is a Chinese made sight, by a Chinese company?

The Trijicon is an American made sight by an American company.

I just hate to see folks support China when America needs the support, is why I'm asking.

·
Registered
M2.0 9mm FDE 5"
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Makes perfect sense. Yeah I really didn't think about that aspect. I will check out the Trijicon. We use ACOG's in the Army and Trijicon does have a reliable M4 sight.

·
Registered
578 Posts
If you decide to go with Trijicon, I received an email from a place yesterday that had several different models of RMR under $450.

Lanbo's Armory
This place is in Texas and I've always received what I ordered from them. I ordered another RMR on black Friday and it took just over a week to arrive here in MI. Not bad for the times we are living in right now.

This is the model I use, I you like a different model, just search their site to see if they carry it.

This is the model on my EDC, I like it. It has manual brightness adj, but switch's to auto adj after 10 hours. I was buying auto adj (RM01) but occasionally its nice to adj it yourself, the RM06 is what most of the guys I shoot with use.

I have no link to this business, it's just the cheapest I am aware of.

Good luck.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you decide to go with Trijicon, I received an email from a place yesterday that had several different models of RMR under $450.

Lanbo's Armory
This place is in Texas and I've always received what I ordered from them. I ordered another RMR on black Friday and it took just over a week to arrive here in MI. Not bad for the times we are living in right now.

This is the model I use, I you like a different model, just search their site to see if they carry it.

This is the model on my EDC, I like it. It has manual brightness adj, but switch's to auto adj after 10 hours. I was buying auto adj (RM01) but occasionally its nice to adj it yourself, the RM06 is what most of the guys I shoot with use.

I have no link to this business, it's just the cheapest I am aware of.

Good luck.
Lanbo's is legit. I bought my RMR there a while back - best price I could find and shipped the same day I ordered.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts