MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From my understanding, the Glock's striker is partially cocked before pulling the trigger; the XD's fully cocked. How does the M&P compare? Is it partially, fully, or something else? Thanks in advance.

Ciao,

Effy

·
Registered
406 Posts
http://www.shootingtimes.com/handgun_revie...806/index3.html

"As the M&P slide goes forward, the tail of the striker remains in a partially cocked position. The M&P uses a double-action-only (DAO) trigger that provides a 6.5-pound trigger stroke of 0.30 inches, which completely retracts the striker before tripping the sear. The trigger pull is exactly the same for each shot, providing the legendary consistency and accuracy of the double-action revolver. Another nice touch is a trigger overtravel stop that eliminates overtravel after the trigger trips the sear, which reduces the likelihood of flinching and thus enhances accuracy."

I think I read somewhere that it is 80% cocked, but I can't find it now so who knows?

·
Registered
269 Posts
just looking at the action, it seems like it is 100% cocked until the trigger lowers the sear to release the striker

·
Registered
406 Posts
If it was 100% cocked, it wouldn't be a Double Action Only pistol. It would be a single action like the XD, because that is the definition of single action (100% cocked).

·
Registered
269 Posts
bobbthompson said:
If it was 100% cocked, it wouldn't be a Double Action Only pistol. It would be a single action like the XD, because that is the definition of single action (100% cocked).

look at the action on it though, the striker is all of the way back until the trigger lowers the sear. I'd say that the M&P is a single action firearm that acts like a DAO

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
The M&P is fully cocked. The trigger disengages the firing pin safety and moves the sear to release the firing pin. Unlike the glock the sear is a separate part from the trigger bar.

CHECK 360 David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts