MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From my understanding, the Glock's striker is partially cocked before pulling the trigger; the XD's fully cocked. How does the M&P compare? Is it partially, fully, or something else? Thanks in advance.

Ciao,

Effy

· Registered
406 Posts
http://www.shootingtimes.com/handgun_revie...806/index3.html

"As the M&P slide goes forward, the tail of the striker remains in a partially cocked position. The M&P uses a double-action-only (DAO) trigger that provides a 6.5-pound trigger stroke of 0.30 inches, which completely retracts the striker before tripping the sear. The trigger pull is exactly the same for each shot, providing the legendary consistency and accuracy of the double-action revolver. Another nice touch is a trigger overtravel stop that eliminates overtravel after the trigger trips the sear, which reduces the likelihood of flinching and thus enhances accuracy."

I think I read somewhere that it is 80% cocked, but I can't find it now so who knows?

· Registered
254 Posts
bobbthompson said:
If it was 100% cocked, it wouldn't be a Double Action Only pistol. It would be a single action like the XD, because that is the definition of single action (100% cocked).

look at the action on it though, the striker is all of the way back until the trigger lowers the sear. I'd say that the M&P is a single action firearm that acts like a DAO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.