MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experience with Comp-Tac holsters? I am looking to get a Kydex OWB holster for my 229SCT and X-Five. I don't know whether to go with the Blade Tech or Comp-Tac and just wanted some opinions.

Also, on the P229, I was thinking about doing a holster that would accommodate my X200 along with it.

Any opinions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought the MTAC from Comp Tac for my M&P 9mm compact. I've only had it for maybe a week but so far I really like it. First off it appears to be really well made. The short time I have been wearing it, it feels like it is getting more and more comfortable. Delivery was much quicker than the time they gave me when I first ordered it. I believe I had a two week delivery estimate and I got it within seven days.

I am going to be doing a whole bunch of shooting from retention this weekend so I should have a better idea on how it performs.

Good Luck

edited to add link: http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/product_in...0db00bbb904ff91

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tc95gt said:
I just bought the MTAC from Comp Tac for my M&P 9mm compact. I've only had it for maybe a week but so far I really like it. First off it appears to be really well made. The short time I have been wearing it, it feels like it is getting more and more comfortable. Delivery was much quicker than the time they gave me when I first ordered it. I believe I had a two week delivery estimate and I got it within seven days.

I am going to be doing a whole bunch of shooting from retention this weekend so I should have a better idea on how it performs.

Good Luck

edited to add link: http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/product_in...0db00bbb904ff91

Thanks for the info. Looks like Blade Tech is about 4-5 weeks on deliveries for non stock holsters. I know C Tac is quicker than that but I dont know which will have the better quality.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
choochboost said:
I have a lot of experience with Comp-tac. PM on the way.

That was too kind of you!

Thanks for that offer, and for the help!

Beers on me when you are in Houston (or in Denver if I get moved as soon as I want to!, haha)

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
You're welcome.

I don't know if you're looking at a paddle or belt holster but Comp-tac has what many consider to be the best paddle design on the market. There is nothing unique about their belt holsters but they are great as well. All their holsters are, which is why I keep buying them!

Comp-tac has a 30 day return policy so you really have nothing to lose by ordering one. If you don't like it, then send it back. They will always ship to you faster than Blade-tech, or you could always head over there as they are in the Houston area as well.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I own several Comp-Tac's. Good stuff.

Blade tech is also fine . Pick the style you like and get it. Either company makes a superior product.

Comp Tac

Settable cant paddle for the M&P

·
Registered
25 Posts
Comp Tac is very reputable, very well liked.

Comp Tac, BearClaw Holsters, Hillsman Holster are often noted for high quality. FIST is ok though they are showing the signs of mass production. Blade-Tech is better than FIST. RM Kydex is a good custom shop - doesn't have a fine eye for details but still a very good holster. I think Uncle Mike is the worst 'kydex' ever produced. Fobus is plastic (not kydex) and has a soft feel - an ok holster for 20 bucks.

·
Registered
554 Posts
TexanAviator said:
Thanks for the info. Looks like Blade Tech is about 4-5 weeks on deliveries for non stock holsters. I know C Tac is quicker than that but I dont know which will have the better quality.
Blade Tech deliveries can be a lot longer than they promise for non-stock items. Com-Tac is very prompt and usually has almost everything in stock. I ordered a left-hand holster for a CZ85 (not the most common gun or configuration) about a year ago and had it in three days!

Com-Tac is a bit more expensive but delivery is good and the quality is excellent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts