MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, for years (15 or more) I have been an avid Glock fan. Over on Glocktalk they refer to "nothing better than Glock" as drinking too much Kool Aid.

So anyway, I made the mistake of buying an M&P9 back in June and had my doubts about this "Glock wannabe" until I shot a friend of mine's M&P. Needless to say shortly thereafter I made the purchase. During the first 150 or so rounds I had a few mishaps (3- failures to extract - discussed in previous threads). Ever since, I've used different ammuntion and the weapon has performed flawlessly. I must say that this is the most accurate 9mm pistol I've ever shot out of the box, bar none. I own Glocks (a lot of them), Sigs (a few) and have owned HK's and Beretta's; however, none of them compare to the accuracy of the M&P9.

Now the Glocks stay home when it comes range time and my M&P goes to the range. I am going to be replacing my tried and true G17 with my M&P9 for IDPA use once I get a suitable holster for the M&P9 and a few more rounds down the pipe for peace of mind in terms of reliability sakes. Lastly, as soon as I can afford it, an M&P40 will be purchased. I love these full-sized M&P's, S&W definitely did this one right. I don't believe in selling firearms once acquired, so it will take a few months, but I will own all the full-size pistols. You can't beat the accuracy, ergonomics, and S&W customer service.

450-rounds since last FTF, total count 600-rounds. Very satisfied owner, here!

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I am happy to hear of your good fortune gtm...

You will like the .40 just as much as the 9.

Enjoy

:twisted:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
gtmtnbiker98n - I haven't spent much time with my Glocks since I bought my M&P9 back in December. And while I don't get to the range as often as I should I still shoot the M&P better than I did with my Glocks. At first it started out with just one and then I said I wouldn't sell any of my Glocks but that I would buy another M&P and now I'm thinking of selling a couple of my Glocks to finance a M&P45 and a M&P9c.

I'm loving my M&P and falling out of love with my Glocks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.