MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the chance to shoot my M&P 40 today and I am truely impressed with its accuracy, I put 100 rounds through it. I had some very nice groups at 15 to 20 yards. I also recently purchased a streamlight m3 tactical illuminator from a buddy of mine, I like this setup and will use this as my home defense firearm.

·
Registered
323 Posts
And thats another satisfied customer!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I put another 250 through mine this past weekend, that is 750 total, and I am more and more impressed each time I take it. Not one issue yet. (well other than the slide release.)

·
Registered
361 Posts
My slide release doesn't seem too hard to manipulate. It should loosen up the more rounds you get through it. I may not want the extended release when I get to about 1k.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I recently took my M&P40 to the range to fire my qualification for work. Trusting S&W reliability, I hadn't fired it prior to qualification.

Our qualification target is a silhouette, with an 8.5" X11" piece of paper as the aiming point (our range officer stores these, easier than storing the whole target). Distances range from 5 to 20 yards. I put all but four shots into a one-hole group, centered, measuring about 1.5". The other four surrounded the center hole, making the group approx. 3". Recoil was not a factor, as opposed to the Glock I used to carry. The grip on the M&P with the medium insert is more comfortable than any other gun I've ever held, and the angle makes rapid sight acquisition a snap.

Including qualification, I put a total of 237 rounds through the gun that day...this one is a keeper. I already have my order in for the 9mm, and will add the .45 when it becomes available.

·
Registered
464 Posts
ShipWreck! So nice to see you come here bud!

The M&P.40 is fantastic! J.B. needs one of these for sure.

You gotta try one.

aka.45cal sushi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts