MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ranger seems to be a pretty good option for a optimal wound cavity, I plan on going boar hunting with a bow and I think I will be taking my m&p with for added comfort. Are these bullets really as good as they are hyped up to be, or would a golden saber, a hydra shock, or a gold dot be a better option? Also, I think I will be going with the 147 or so grain option and about as much powder behind it as I can safely go. Number one I know this is about the worst caliber to be lugging around, but hey it beats a rock. Number two, how much powder can I place behind the 147 and still be safe.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand that, but in the case of the gold dots I have read somewhere that you really have to make em hit hard in order to get optimal expansion.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, is the 147 going the right way in my mp9? Would a equally hot 124 gr. produce similar results at the 20yd mark? I can't find anywhere where I can purchase just the bullets for the RAT9...is this impossible or what. I found golden sabers and a lot of other things including a barnes that looked pretty good, but I couldn't find the RAT's... I would really love to give them a shot (literally)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks TOF... I appreciate the confidence, I turned my bow from 66 for whitetail up to 71 for some added punch, I also am leaving the rage broadheads at home and instead am opting for a set of fixed blades. The new question is where can I get the Golden Saber in a 500 rd box ( or 100's) in a 124 grain. Midway is out, so who else is good for this? I talked to my father and I think I am going to take his Kimber .45 with, this comforted me greatly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.