MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to purchase a holster for my M&P9c. I know I want a kydex pancake style. I'm looking at either a Raven Concealment, Bravo Concealment, or an Off The Grid Concepts holster. All are constructed about the same, price similarly, but wait times vary. Raven is at 16-18 weeks (I am not a patient person when it comes to orders) bravo is 55-65 days, and OTG is +-4 weeks.
So I would like to hear from people who have experience with these holsters, which is the best option? Is the ridiculously long wait time for Raven worth it?
Also, suggestions are welcome as to any other companies that have similar products.
Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Coffman looks pretty nice, but I was looking for one with the ability to go IWB or OWB. I just ordered one from a company I found called 101 Holsters. Looks pretty nice. Hopefully it works out. Guess I'll know in 40 days or so.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I will be running a Bravo Concealment RTT holster and double mag pouch w/ slant cut for my full size M&P45 at a two day pistol course on 3/22. If you can wait that long, I'd be happy to give you my assessment of the products afterwards.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure. I'll probably be ordering a similar holster for my XD as well so maybe I'll try out the Bravo next time.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm running Raven holsters, and have to exercise my patience. It wasn't the first kydex holster I bought, but ever since I picked up my 2nd M&P, I've ordered them for a full size and a 9c.

On the plus side, if you know what gun and light (if a light), the wait time gives you plenty of time to mod the gun as you see fit (Apex parts, stippling, and sight changes for all mine), and a few weeks to break it in with several hundred rounds at the range, and a few hundred dry fire pulls.

No doubt, the wait is a pain, but I've had nothing but outstanding results from RCS, and don't know any professional users who recommend against them, while many recommend for them. Hard to find a bad word about them, except the wait time. That might be a clue.

Now, don't take any of the above to mean that Bravo, Coffman, and others don't make good holsters, but RCS does seem to be the professionals' choice, if that's something you value.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Have you tried other brands and their shipping time? EDCHolsters, 101, Crown, Shielded, Garrett industries? Maybe they'll have better shipping time.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Coffman (as others have said) has a very good reputation.

Crown is another one that is better than it should be imo, when you consider their price point and turnaround time. I have three of their holsters and a couple of their magazine pouches, and am absolutely happy with all of them. Only negative I've found is with the optional "easy-on" belt loops, the holster doesn't hold as snug as with the normal belt loops, so I took them off and went back to the original ones that came on it.

Fwiw, this is a mini-review from when I got my first & second Crown holsters:
http://mp-pistol.com/mp-pistol-accessories/33806-another-crown-holster-review.html

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Like "Steve The Pirate", I vote Raven. Had mine for several years and love it. Carry a 9c.
Agree re the pancake spec. so you should order the pancake accessory which lets you carry very tight to body.
Under a t-shirt,it's almost as good as IWB.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yup, currently showing 30 days for quick ship products - well worth it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have only had experience with Raven but love mine. I waited 44 days to get it, so not as long as noted.

As soon as the VG2 comes out, I am getting it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My Coffman Concealment holsters arrived today and I couldn't be more pleased. I had all sorts of trouble finding weapon light compatible holsters and in my search I came across this thread and got in contact with Coffman. He was able to custom make the holsters in two days and they arrived within 3 days of completion. The holsters can function as both OWB or IWB (IWB with tuckable belt loops). If anyone is looking for something similar I'd definitely recommend giving Coffman Concealment serious consideration.

·
Registered
19 Posts
While I'm obviously biased, and greatly appreciate the kind words regarding my products, there are many great makers out there today. I tend to lean toward supporting the small guys so, of the three you mentioned, I would go with Off The Grid Concepts. We use the same supplier and I've seen a lot of his work. He does some very nice stuff, especially with custom colors (which I do too :D ).

I'm not afraid to recommend other makers as each of us does things a little differently and I ultimately want what's best for the customer, even if it's not my product in a particular case.

BTW, I do make IWB / OWB compatible holster as shown by the ones I made for ccrape.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm not a vendor or sponsor or anything yet. If you'd like to try one of our holsters I'll just mail you one for a compact. Just let me know if you are left/right handed, belt size, and address. I'll mail one out Tuesday. Then you can give me feedback on it.

Jeremiah Patterson
Arctic Concealment
907-488-6575
[email protected]

·
Site Staff
2,805 Posts
I'm not a vendor or sponsor or anything yet. If you'd like to try one of our holsters I'll just mail you one for a compact. Just let me know if you are left/right handed, belt size, and address. I'll mail one out Tuesday. Then you can give me feedback on it.

Jeremiah Patterson
Arctic Concealment
907-488-6575
[email protected]
Can you post a picture of your holsters

·
Registered
12 Posts
My Coffman Concealment holsters arrived today and I couldn't be more pleased. I had all sorts of trouble finding weapon light compatible holsters and in my search I came across this thread and got in contact with Coffman. He was able to custom make the holsters in two days and they arrived within 3 days of completion. The holsters can function as both OWB or IWB (IWB with tuckable belt loops). If anyone is looking for something similar I'd definitely recommend giving Coffman Concealment serious consideration.

nice how much are these running for

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yes, would like to see photos.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts