MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know anything about raven kydex holsters good or bad ? :?: I have been looking at them at the gun shows.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I carry my M&P .45 24/7 in a Raven Phantom. It is the most comfortable/concealable kydex I have seen.

I carry OWB with the regular belt loops but would like to try the pancake loops sometime. I took it on a 1000 mile road trip and it is just as comfortable in the car as out.

For my money, you can't go wrong with the Raven.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have used a Raven holster both inside and outside the waistbelt and have been very happy with it. The holster was made for my .45 but the 9mm fits as well.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Me too, just picked up my first M&P today and now I need a holster.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Nice set up.

I like the hugging the body part, but concerned that it looks

like the grip might poke into the side of us say "physically fit impaired" "extra baggage toting"

"beer gut gifted" "fat" guys.

Any troubles of the grip or slide digging into your side?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Re: Raven

8th SPS USAF said:
JohnN,

Thank you, they look like I could use the Phantom. Do you have one? Where in In.?

Yes, I have a Phantom and it is my favorite of all the kydex holsters that I have used over the years.

Indianapolis.

FoxMulder said:
Nice set up.

I like the hugging the body part, but concerned that it looks

like the grip might poke into the side of us say "physically fit impaired" "extra baggage toting"

"beer gut gifted" "fat" guys.

Any troubles of the grip or slide digging into your side?

Any holster that is going to conceal a duty size gun is going to have to hug your side or you will never be able to conceal it. However the alternative is using an IWB which will be less comfortable. I don't find the Phantom uncomfortable in the least bit.

·
Registered
291 Posts
In my case, it doesn't dig into my side. With that being said, I do have the beavertail removed, so I cannot say what it would do with the beavertail still attached.

Also, I am not much overweight.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have two of these holsters. The grip doesn't "dig" into my side, it does hug my side closely in the IWB format. BTW, you can't conceal a handgun without having the grip hugging the body, the grip is the hardest part of the gun to conceal and is the first thing that "prints" when the wearer bends over. That's why leather holsters, especially pancake style and IWBs are considered better concealers. Until now, most kydex OWB holsters, while comfortable are not good concealers. Most kydex IWBs are good concealment choice.

Here is one with an M&P .45 in a Phantom OWB.

A Phantom in its IWB format with a Chip McCormick 1911 built by Marvin Fair and Pete Single.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts