MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My white site has some paint missing in the middle. For now I just want to re-paint it white.

Can I just get some white paint and fill site in overtop of existing paint. Or, does it need cleaned out?

To clean, if needed, just scrape it out with a pick and clean with some alcohol?

Paint--would a white or maybe bright white enamel satin paint work? Any recommendations on the paint?

New to this. So, want to keep it simple. Maybe look into fluorescent paint down the road.

Thanks for inputs---

·
Registered
29 Posts
Check out this thread..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks guys. I will stay white for now. The other question was can I leave existing white paint in site. Or, scrape it out. Thanks

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I painted black sights for years back when I was a young man and money was real tight. The Truglo paint will work. So will any paint made for metal. Clean the old paint off with acetone and a cotton swab. I used a toothpick to apply the new paint back then. I would probably use a fine paintbrush these days. I used fluorescent orange which works pretty well. Any of the Truglow colors will work. I have Trijicon HD’s or Ameriglo’s on most of my carry guns now.

My white site has some paint missing in the middle. For now I just want to re-paint it white.

Can I just get some white paint and fill site in overtop of existing paint. Or, does it need cleaned out?

To clean, if needed, just scrape it out with a pick and clean with some alcohol?

Paint--would a white or maybe bright white enamel satin paint work? Any recommendations on the paint?

New to this. So, want to keep it simple. Maybe look into fluorescent paint down the road.

Thanks for inputs---

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
IF the white sight is gone and you want to paint the sight any color other than white, use a white base THEN use your red / green / orange as it will be a brighter result.

Caution: Pseudo-science and / or amateur photos may be embedded in this post.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bought some orange and white nail polish. Tried the orange. Kinda of happy for my first attempt painting sites. It wasn't labeled as Bright. But, all they had.

33BA66DE-9CA5-4075-9FE0-8BA6580CA3F6_1_105_c.jpeg

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm used to seeing the gaps between the back and the front sites to help me Center them . How you folks paint the front site to help make it stand out on a dark background target ?
20200517_185056.jpg

·
Registered
709 Posts
I used fluorescent jig paint in the past on other guns and it works very well enough for what it is, but it's not nearly as good as a fiber optic. Here's my Hi-Viz front sight on my 9EZ

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I replaced the front sight on my wife's 9 EZ with a Hi-Viz. It came with three light tubes; red, green and white. Much easier to see than the factory one.
Where did you buy the Hi-Viz sites. Are you happy with them?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts