MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my Ready Tactical mag pouches today from SKD Tactical. They appear to be very similar to the ishot mag pouches. The mp-store is out, as is ishot, so Ready Tactical it was.

My wife is out of town and she has the digital camera so the dealer's pics will have to do.

Here is the Ready Tactical pouch:

...and here is the ishot pouch:

As you can see, they are very similar.

FWIW, SKD Tactical was incredible to deal with. I placed the order on Monday, they notified me the pouches shipped the same day, and I received them today. 48 hours from placing order to delivery. I don't even get Comp-tac products that fast!

·
Registered
168 Posts
The Ready Tactical mag pouches are the heat. I and the 25 officers in my agency have run them for three or four years for or Glock 22's. They carry well and are very fast, but secure. We use them in a concealed carry application. The only caution I would give is to resist the temptation to pop them over your belt - thread them on. We have broken a few due to fatiguing them in that way.

I'm a little surprised you were able to score these. The guy who makes them is Mike Stewart. Word is that he has gotten out of the kydex game. Mike is a stand-up guy who put out some great products. If he is still bending kydex, I would love to know how to contact him.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bloodnut said:
The only caution I would give is to resist the temptation to pop them over your belt - thread them on. We have broken a few due to fatiguing them in that way.
Thanks for the heads up. I figured that out as the "hooks" around the belt are quite pronounced, much more so than the ishot. I don't get it when people think they can tug and pull and force kydex (plastic) to bend any way they want without having issues. People are always complaining about breaking CTAC clips, but if they would use their heads and stop manhandling them they would last.

I'm a little surprised you were able to score these.
Me too, that's why I jumped on it. SKD has RT holsters AND mag pouches in stock for the M&P.

The guy who makes them is Mike Stewart. Word is that he has gotten out of the kydex game. Mike is a stand-up guy who put out some great products. If he is still bending kydex, I would love to know how to contact him.
I spoke with SKD about their relationship with RT. They referred to a Chris, not a Mike, and confirmed that communication was sometimes difficult. Anyone placing an order, or attempting to contact RT through the now defunct pistolpacking.org are out of luck I guess but at least their products are still available if anyone wants them. SKD told me they are RT's only distributor.

·
Registered
168 Posts
You are correct - it is Chris and not Mike. I have met the guy face-to-face and have spoken with him on the phone several times in the past. Don't know why I keep calling him Mike.....

·
Registered
415 Posts
Chris at ready tactical is a good guy. He used to sit around at major matches and make those mag pouches.

He sorta fell off the earth last year.

Mike

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yea Chris is a GREAT GUY alright. My wife purchased one of his kydex paddle holsters for my Sig 2022 Xmas 06. March 06 the holster cracked and won't hold the pistol tight any more. I e-mailed, tried to make phone calls and never got a response. There seems to be several people who have had similar experiences. The company nor the owners stand behind their products so buyer beware. Take a look at Comp-Tac .

·
Registered
168 Posts
When I was dealing with Chris directly, he replaced a couple of mag pouches based on a phone conversation during which I mentioned that I had a couple break due to officers snapping them over the belt rather than threading them on like they should. I was not fishing for replacements as this was clearly the officers' fault. Chris dropped me some in the mail anyway. I know nothing of Ready Tactical except that they carried his kydex and I think they are defunct.

Again, I'm not sure *he* is still bending kydex. And FWIW, he was not always the easiest guy to get with even several years ago - he never answered email and I could only catch him on the phone in the evening. I'm sorry your holster broke. I feel comfortable saying that he would make it right if he was aware. Chris was a one-man show - that cuts both ways: service on a personal level but at the price of dealing with some big outfit with a lot of resources. In a way, it's a lot like buying a knife from an individual maker. The warrantee is likely great as long as they are up and running, but if they drop off the radar screen or go out of business (which happens), you are likely SOL. You pays your money and takes your chances.

I have a very expensive (to me) knife on order. The maker, again, is a one man show. I understand that as long as he is around, he will stand behind his product, but the day he hangs up his grinder, I'm outta luck. Of course when he retires, all of his blades will likely double in value.

I got off track here. Sorry you had a bad experience. If you run into Chris again and explain what went on, I suspect he will do what he can for you.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chris at RT may be a great guy, but he has dropped the ball. Customer service is not his forte. If you're interested in RT products, order them through SKD Tactical. They have amazing customer service and can handle returns/product issues better than Chris can.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe their LH mag pouches are out of stock but you could check SKD's website. I believe their cart reflects their inventory in real time. I was incredibly happy dealing with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts