MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a Sigma (9mm) which I like, but wondering if anyone can give me a comparison with the full size M&P with regard to 2 items:

1 -- Is the M&P more accurate than the Sigma (which is known for this weakness)?

2 -- Is the full-size M&P more comfortable for CCW than the Sigma?

3 -- Should I consider the Compact M&P as an "everyday" CCW instead?

Thanks,

FD

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
1. Yes, the M&P is very accurate. Of course, the absence of a 10lb. trigger doesn't hurt.

2. This is a subjective question but personally I would say they are about the same.

3. The answer to this one is definitely maybe. :wink: If you do a search you will be able to find opinions on this matter. I personally don't think you can go wrong either way. I have carried both and am happy with either as my fulltime carry.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The M&P is about the same size as the Sigma, It is more accurate for me as the trigger is nicer. If you carry a sigma, then carrying an M&P will be no problem

·
Registered
319 Posts
i have very limited experience with sigma. But i can tell you this based on my limited experience.

M&P is easier to shoot accurately(To me), because of lighter trigger pull. Sigma, if i remenbered right had a seriously heavy trigger pull.

And i carry my ful l size M&P everyday. while I never carried Sigma, since its similer in size, i think they are both decent gun to shoot.

Ofcourse there are always M&P compact if you want something smaller and lighter to carry

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
coltman1985 said:
The M&P is 2.897342 times the gun of the Sigma!!
I thought it was more like 2.959532 times....

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think it is more like 3.0123876341 times myself.

Seriously though, I've never shot a Sigma, but I have tried the trigger. Even if both pistols have the same mechanical accuracy, the M&P is going to be easier to shoot well.

The M&P and the Sigma are basically the same size, so if one can conceal a Sigma, one should be able to conceal an M&P.

Personally, I find my M&P9 Compact to be significantly easier to conceal than my full-size M&P40. Part of that has to do with the holster I am using. A fully loaded .40 M&P is a lot more butt heavy than a fully loaded 9c. The extra weight of the .40 in the butt tends to cause holster shift which I have not experienced with the 9c. With a different holster design I don't think it would be a problem. Still, I find the 9c to be the perfect size gun for CCW, so I carry it off-duty and the full-size .40 on-duty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts