MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve now shot through my M&P9 5” ported PC model about 1,000 rounds. I like it, but I have two problems:

1. The rear factory fiber optics has a pin, and it keeps backing out to the side good 1/4” after every range visit. Any idea what to do with it? Loctite?

2. My slide to frame is pretty loose, much looser than my M&P9 2.0 Compact. While it doesn’t bother me that much, it appears to have one side effect - the front sight jumps to the left when I practice dry-fire, no matter how stable I get it. My Compact is rock-solid, and I’m actually slightly more accurate with the compact with live-fire (3” vs 4” groups at 15 yards - just started shooting 3 months ago, so still have lots of room to improve, I know) Is that just my luck of the draw with the typical tolerances, or something else I can do?

·
Registered
22 Posts
1. The rear factory fiber optics has a pin, and it keeps backing out to the side good 1/4” after every range visit. Any idea what to do with it? Loctite?
Yep, Loctite (blue). Or replace the sights with a nice set from your favorite sight guy. Mine is Dawson with an FO front and blacked out rear.

2. My slide to frame is pretty loose, much looser than my M&P9 2.0 Compact.
Luck of the draw. But none of the plastic guns have that great a slide to frame fit, at least not like a good 1911. The key to accuracy is a solid and consistent lockup and that's mostly about the barrel and the slide (some about the locking block). How is the accuracy of the pistol from a rest at 25 yds?

Reactions: Ohsheepdog
1 - 2 of 2 Posts