MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off- great forum and great posts/info. I just joined today.

I have a new MP40 which I did some of the trigger work as posted by some of the fine folks on this forum. The only thing that isn't smooth now is the FP plunger as I didn't get to this yet. My trigger is lighter and smoother except for the engagement/disengagement of the trigger bar on the plunger (I've observed this by carefully looking at the back of the gun). I've already ordered a prepped plunger from Dan for quick replacement.

I've had difficulties removing metal rear sights from Glocks and Sigs without a sight tool. Is the MP rear sight on just like these other guns or is it secured mostly with the allen screw? Does anyone use a tool for this gun other than a brass punch and hammer?

Any advice would help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it's done... the plunger is nice and polished now. It's really amazing how a little polishing really goes a long way in this gun.

Also- it turns out that the Glock sight pusher from MGW is a damn close fit. I almost lost the damn spring cap even though I was careful!

·
Registered
495 Posts
lugnut said:
Well it's done... the plunger is nice and polished now. It's really amazing how a little polishing really goes a long way in this gun.

Also- it turns out that the Glock sight pusher from MGW is a damn close fit. I almost lost the damn spring cap even though I was careful!
Are you saying the MGW one fit or almost fit? Reason I ask is we tried using a Glock sight pusher (whoever makes the blue anodized one) and it didn't fit around the slide.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPSguy said:
[quote name='lugnut']Well it's done... the plunger is nice and polished now. It's really amazing how a little polishing really goes a long way in this gun.

Are you saying the MGW one fit or almost fit? Reason I ask is we tried using a Glock sight pusher (whoever makes the blue anodized one) and it didn't fit around the slide.[/quote]

Yes, it fit. It went onto the slide fine (after I removed the plastic end piece that holds the striker in). It lined up with the rear sight fairly well also. I used it and it worked fine... no BFH for me. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts