MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all:

I am in the process of getting my new pistol apart, so that I may tune the trigger per the excellent instructions on D.B.'s site. The sear housing block came out just fine, as did the striker - no scratched finish, no flying springs or other lost parts! As I prepared to remove the Firing Pin Block, I was wondering what size Hex wrench I'd need to loosen the set screw. I looked and was surprised to see NO set screw. It came from the factory without one. The hole is tapped, with sharp, virgin-like threads, but no screw. Is this proper, or did this one sneak by Q.C.?

The owner's manual reads, under Sight Adjustment, "If the rear sight has a set screw ...".

I assumed that this line meant that SOME M&Ps come with sights that are designed with NO set screw provision ... which, to me, means that there wouldn't even be a threaded hole in the center of the sight to accept a screw ... and other M&Ps come WITH a set screw. What's da' scoop?

Thanx.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah ...

yeah ... I'll call customer service Monday and get it taken of. I wonder if they'll sell me a couple of Sears, and maybe some other "extras", in case my my OEM parts don't survive their up-coming Trigger Mods (though they surely oughta')!?? I remember reading another post in this forum that S&W can be hesitant to sell such parts to consumers. :-(

In the mean time, I'm gonna' run down to the local hardware shop and check their itty-bitty bins for set screws -I'll bring the sight with me (it came off just fine, BTW - zero buggering ... I hope it goes back on as easily!.

Cheers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Part arrived today!

It's TRUE ... S&W Customer Service is excellent. I called 'em yestersday ... "we'll do our best to get it overnight to you" = they DID. Granted, they're in MASS and I'm in Connecticut, but still ...

kudos. Now, if only the Q.C. dept. can catch up!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
When I bought my M&P it came with two Med straps and no small. Called them up and they said keep the extra and we will send you a small. 5 days later had the part!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts