MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the current aftermarket options for M&P rear sights.

Is there anything available that gives a sight picture like a bomar

or Sevigney competition?

Thanks.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Richard Heinie and Scott Warren are working on them and will be available in a couple months. The Warren prototype sights have been in use in limited quantity.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Dave Dawson should also be following suit with his own design for the M&P - Not sure when but they'll be nice when he does.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I had visited Bowie's site and didn't see that milling and serration. Man, it is really slick looking, but evidently pretty labor and time intensive, judging by the price. You got one of those Jester?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
For that its 25$ I think, not including the slide refinish.

Your looking at the tritium insert sights included. I believe that the price for just the trimming is right below that.

I'm actually having that done to my carry/ESP pistol. It will be a while before I can let you know how I like it though.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yeah, I meant the who thing...cut rear sight, mill serrations on rear of sight, on slide, etc. I really like a horizontally serrated rear sight, like one out by SDM fabricating (for Novak dovetail 1911s). Maybe there will be an aftermarket supplier come out with one cheaper, but to be honest, the sight picture of the Novak or Novak knock-off on this gun is quite acceptable to me.

·
Registered
270 Posts
TxD, I'm pushing Scott to get the sights for Warren Tactical moving. I've already seen the prototypes and both Ernest Langdon & Scott have 'em on their M&Ps. I've asked Scott for one so that I can photograpgh it.

Will keep you posted when there's an update.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i-SHOT said:
TxD, I'm pushing Scott to get the sights for Warren Tactical moving. I've already seen the prototypes and both Ernest Langdon & Scott have 'em on their M&Ps. I've asked Scott for one so that I can photograpgh it.

Will keep you posted when there's an update.

Thanks for the update.

TxD.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Wait wait wait, wait some more. The loudly ticking clock on the wall is becoming my nemisis....

Tis the price we pay. But it dosent suck any less.

WWSD: what would scooby do? :wink:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I'd love a flat horizontally serrated rear sight. I hate the rear dots, even coveredin sight black. I just like a plain rear sight. I am however happy with the thickeness of the stok front sight and rear notch, and would like to preserve that.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Ok, let me elaborate. Is there any hin that someone will be making a rear sight that will meet my specs? i.e. fits stock dovetail, an works like the sevigney competition rear or something like angus makes for the cz platform?

*sigh*

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Raz-0,

There are several people working on M&P rear sights that I know of. Warren, Yam, Heinie to name a few they all keep saying 6-8 weeks when asked.

Dan

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I'd be good witha heine slant pro.

Are the speed shooter fiber optic sights the narrow fiber kind (i.e. same size fiber as a dawson .090 front?) If so, i might have to get the trigger done while i am having sights put on.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
raz-0,

This is from speed shooter's web site:

Includes a .040 diameter fiber optic insert (.060 dot) in your choice of Red, Green or Yellow.

I personally like the smaller rods as it seems to help on the longer shots.

Dan

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
kgreen said:
Any word on the Warren Tactical sights for the M&P?

Hurry up and wait, I'll have them in stock when they start shipping.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts