41 - 60 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Where do I get mine?

·
Registered
31 Posts
The last rebate program did, in fact, end in Dec 2008. What they told you was correct. The program that I discovered is not yet official and is for guns bought in the time frame of this thread's title. Check the add copy linked in the original post of this thread for full details. Wonder no more!

Sorry, my bad. I was being a dufas. lol I just realized that it started here recently and not last year. Man I'm embarrassed.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Sorry, my bad. I was being a dufas. lol I just realized that it started here recently and not last year. Man I'm embarrassed.

No harm, no foul. I certainly don't want you to review my posts and see how many really dumb things I've said here. I'm glad it's straightened out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
So, has anybody seen any of these new 9mm and 40S&W with the thumb safey yet?

I want to sell my original 40 S&W M&P (can't shoot it with the mags out) and buy one with the thumb safety that you CAN shoot with the mags out! I have 4 mags with mine, so when I sell it the buyer gets two extra mags (doesn't even have to fill out a coupon and wait weeks for the extra 2 mags !).

I absolutely love my 40 S&W M&P, sweet shooter, eats all my reloads, has never misfired, or malfunctioned. It is totally reliabel (most important factor). It is also very accurate and for a 40 has the least felt recoil (to me) than any other 40 caliber pistol I have (Springfiled, Taurus, etc.).

I have a 45 Compact M&P 45 with 8 round double stack mags. I have 6 mags for it. By the way, I missed the deadline on the last rebate thing by about a week. I sent in the coupon anyway and got 2 free mags. I had also ordered one extra mag (which I paid for), but they somehow sent me 2 and only charged for 1. So, I got 2 with the gun orginally, bought one extra and got 3 free!

I like S&W.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I have a 45 Compact M&P 45 with 8 round double stack mags. I have 6 mags for it. By the way, I missed the deadline on the last rebate thing by about a week. I sent in the coupon anyway and got 2 free mags. I had also ordered one extra mag (which I paid for), but they somehow sent me 2 and only charged for 1. So, I got 2 with the gun orginally, bought one extra and got 3 free!

Whoa, I thought I was done with math story problems a long time ago.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just bought a new M&P9c this morning.

Now I find out about the rebate and it starts on FRIDAY.

I called S&W and the guy said "Too bad, I cannot get the rebate."

I asked for his supervisor and left her a message.

If I wait untill Friday to purchase, they will be out again by then.

I bought an M&P9c in November and got the rebate...$50..

It would not be right to miss this one.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I just bought a new M&P9c this morning.

Now I find out about the rebate and it starts on FRIDAY.

I called S&W and the guy said "Too bad, I cannot get the rebate."

I asked for his supervisor and left her a message.

If I wait untill Friday to purchase, they will be out again by then.

I bought an M&P9c in November and got the rebate...$50..

It would not be right to miss this one.

If you call and ask, they have to say no. If you escalate, they will say no, no and no.

If you submit the rebate paperwork, I'll guess the likelihood of you getting the magazines is better than 50:50.

Some places allow you to make a significant deposit (100% is significant, but you might get away with less) and they will hold it for you for pickup during the rebate period.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you call and ask, they have to say no. If you escalate, they will say no, no and no.

If you submit the rebate paperwork, I'll guess the likelihood of you getting the magazines is better than 50:50.

Some places allow you to make a significant deposit (100% is significant, but you might get away with less) and they will hold it for you for pickup during the rebate period.

Thanks!

I will just submit the forms.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My gun shop was kind enough to put the gun in "lay away" with a deposit.

I will purchase the gun tomorrow, the 27th and be good to go.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Wondering what the going price for a M&P 45 compact is? They want around $625 with tax and all in this area.

I bought my 45c from BudsGunShop. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product...oducts_id/54589

Currently out of stock but you can get on the waiting list. $547 and, I believe that includes shipping. When I bought mine the posted price included shipping, but there was a fee if I charged it on a credit card. I sent them a bank check.

Gunbroker currently has a seller for a "Buy it Now" price of $585 plus $15 shipping. You will need to pay an FFL. I paid $12.50 for mine. http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=123751143

It would appear that $625 if it includes tax is not out of line.

I leave the rest as an exercise to the reader.

·
Registered
37 Posts
When is the purchase date for a gun? The day ordered, the day card charged, the day shipped, the day delivered to FFL, or the day you actually do the paper work at the FFL and take possession? I pick mine up tomorrow, the 27th - wondering if I'll qualify!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought my 45c from BudsGunShop. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product...oducts_id/54589

Currently out of stock but you can get on the waiting list. $547 and, I believe that includes shipping. When I bought mine the posted price included shipping, but there was a fee if I charged it on a credit card. I sent them a bank check.

Gunbroker currently has a seller for a "Buy it Now" price of $585 plus $15 shipping. You will need to pay an FFL. I paid $12.50 for mine. http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=123751143

It would appear that $625 if it includes tax is not out of line.

I leave the rest as an exercise to the reader.

Thanks for all the info. Now for further questions...

I have heard conflicting reports as to what length of barrel the compact 45's are offered in. I'm wanting a 45 compact without thumb safety. I'm going to look on S&W site again but I didn't get a satisfactory answer the last time I looked. Any clarity would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
When is the purchase date for a gun? The day ordered, the day card charged, the day shipped, the day delivered to FFL, or the day you actually do the paper work at the FFL and take possession? I pick mine up tomorrow, the 27th - wondering if I'll qualify!!!

Date on the receipt that you include with the coupon.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Thanks Howard.

How you found that on S&W's site I'll never know. Under M&P compact I found no images of non-thumb safety pistols. Oh well.

When I do a search for model 109308 I get a picture of http://www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com/item.aspx?pid=76345 and http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_in...ducts_id=107547 You'll notice that the second web page shows the M&P with a beaver tail. I think that is a misprint. I'm thinking of having the tail bobbed on my m&p fs.

A friend of mine has a FFL and says he can get me a compact for $575 delivered. After tax he's only making about $35 on the deal which sounds fair.

I've heard good from both Accurate Iron and Burwell. Anyone care to weigh in with a testimony from either or both places? I'm looking to do texturing (stipling) on the carry gun and trigger job on the fs--along with getting the beaver tail bobbed.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Thanks Howard.

How you found that on S&W's site I'll never know. Under M&P compact I found no images of non-thumb safety pistols. Oh well.

When I do a search for model 109308 I get a picture of http://www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com/item.aspx?pid=76345 and http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_in...ducts_id=107547 You'll notice that the second web page shows the M&P with a beaver tail. I think that is a misprint. I'm thinking of having the tail bobbed on my m&p fs.

A friend of mine has a FFL and says he can get me a compact for $575 delivered. After tax he's only making about $35 on the deal which sounds fair.

I've heard good from both Accurate Iron and Burwell. Anyone care to weigh in with a testimony from either or both places? I'm looking to do texturing (stipling) on the carry gun and trigger job on the fs--along with getting the beaver tail bobbed.

Thanks.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWes...W_Catalog_1.pdf

2009 Catalog, page 8, bottom shows three SKUs for the M&P compact, two of which come with the thumb safety. The pictures on page 7 may be helpful.

The two people you mentioned have a first rate reputation regarding quality of work. They are both sponsors with links above and are generous with their time to answer questions on this board.

How do I find this stuff? I've been doing computer searches since before there was an Internet. When my IGS (Instant Gratification Syndrome) took over, I couldn't wait for the Research Center librarian who was backed up. So I charmed her into letting me use her userid and password and terminal in the middle of the night. I'm usually pretty good at sleuthing stuff out, as others will attest.

Getting the bobtail bobbed. When I first started to carry in the SmartCarry the bobtail bothered me and I considered. I resisted because it felt somehow like when I resisted fixing our dog. Now it doesn't bother me and my M&P 45 is whole. And so was my dog.

41 - 60 of 109 Posts