MP-Pistol Forum banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
https://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWes...W_Catalog_1.pdf

2009 Catalog, page 8, bottom shows three SKUs for the M&P compact, two of which come with the thumb safety. The pictures on page 7 may be helpful.

The two people you mentioned have a first rate reputation regarding quality of work. They are both sponsors with links above and are generous with their time to answer questions on this board.

How do I find this stuff? I've been doing computer searches since before there was an Internet. When my IGS (Instant Gratification Syndrome) took over, I couldn't wait for the Research Center librarian who was backed up. So I charmed her into letting me use her userid and password and terminal in the middle of the night. I'm usually pretty good at sleuthing stuff out, as others will attest.

Getting the bobtail bobbed. When I first started to carry in the SmartCarry the bobtail bothered me and I considered. I resisted because it felt somehow like when I resisted fixing our dog. Now it doesn't bother me and my M&P 45 is whole. And so was my dog.

Good point about the beaver tail, Howard. If I get the compact 45 I'll probably just do a trigger job and perhaps some stipling on the fs.

After a bit more looking, I see that the correct item number for the gun I want is: 109308 it does NOT have a beaver tail. It pays to look twice and question more times if you want truth in advertising on the web. Now the question of availability. My FFL friend is looking into it....

·
Registered
302 Posts
I bought my new 9c today and I'm going to send out the rebate ASAP for my 2 12-round magazines. Does anyone know if they give you the standard base plates with them or the ones with the pinky extensions?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought my new 9c today and I'm going to send out the rebate ASAP for my 2 12-round magazines. Does anyone know if they give you the standard base plates with them or the ones with the pinky extensions?

I called S&W today and requested the finger extensions for a 45 compact that I have yet to buy. The man asked how many I wanted. He is sending me 4 at no charge. Not the friendliest individual I've ever talked to, but what to expect for free?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Picked up my M&Pfs yesterday, waited all week for the 27th to arrive, envelope is in the mail today we'll see how long it takes to get the two magazines.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm picking up an FS9 today if I can find one in stock. After I buy I have to make a copy of the sales reciept, print/fill out the forms in the first post and mail it in to SW?

·
Registered
75 Posts
So I'm looking at the paperwork that I got with my purchase and I have three records of sale stapled together; a small cash register receipt with just numbers on it, a larger "pink" receipt with the price and name of the shop on it and date, and a "record of sale" or something that has information that I filled out when buying the gun. Which one do I need to send in with the rebate papers?

·
Registered
302 Posts
So I'm looking at the paperwork that I got with my purchase and I have three records of sale stapled together; a small cash register receipt with just numbers on it, a larger "pink" receipt with the price and name of the shop on it and date, and a "record of sale" or something that has information that I filled out when buying the gun. Which one do I need to send in with the rebate papers?

You need to include the receipt that has the name of the gun shop as well as the price you paid.

·
Registered
75 Posts
And you guys are sending in a "copy" of the sales receipt and not the actual sales receipt? I just noticed on the coupon that it asks specifically for the "dated sales receipt". Usually when a copy is acceptable they use the wording "and a copy of your sales receipt".

Just trying to not lose out on my free magazines. Sorry if I'm being a pain in the a-hole.

·
Registered
10 Posts
And you guys are sending in a "copy" of the sales receipt and not the actual sales receipt? I just noticed on the coupon that it asks specifically for the "dated sales receipt". Usually when a copy is acceptable they use the wording "and a copy of your sales receipt".

Just trying to not lose out on my free magazines. Sorry if I'm being a pain in the a-hole.
I just picked up a coupon at local sporting goods store.

Step #3 says "Enclose Copof Dated Store Receipt with Store Name"

That's what I sent in - not the original.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought a FS 40 and sent my rebate in right before the last rebate ended and I still have not received my magazines. Based on that I don't trust S&W when it comes to this latest so called rebat program!!!!!!

·
Registered
873 Posts
I bought a FS 40 and sent my rebate in right before the last rebate ended and I still have not received my magazines. Based on that I don't trust S&W when it comes to this latest so called rebat program!!!!!!

Be patient. They will arrive. It may take two or even three months, but you'll get 'em.

I've bought two M&Ps and gotten both sets of mags, along with one rebate check. None arrived quickly, but all did arrive.

Watching the mailbox and getting steamed about a FREEBIE does nobody any good.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #78

If it has been more than 60 days, I would call customer service to check that your rebate request is in the data base. I called. Mine was there. Mags were back ordered. Somehow, S&W thought new production had priority over rebate program. Go figure.

I have participated in two rebate programs with S&W. I got anxious because I wanted to shoot IDPA and I really need the two mags. Ranting at my mailbox simply had no effect. When I went to the match, a fellow shooter lent me two of his.

I eventually got everything I wanted. They even sent me four new base plates with the pinky extensions for free when the new mags arrived without them. Two for the rebate mags and two for the mags in the original box.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I contacted S7W concerning the 40 S&W magazines I am waiting to get through the rebate program that ended in January. S&W did not have me in their data base, after giving me the number to the clearing house how handles the distribution of the magazines, I found out that they have my rebate information but have not entered it into the system yet.

When I submitted the rebate right before it ended in January I selected two 40 S&W 15 rd magazines. When I asked the rep on the phone to verify the type of magazines I would get I was told I was down for the 10 round magazine!!!!!

I informed them that I wanted the 15 round magazine and supposedly that has been changed, which I believe when I have them in my hands which is till weeks away!!!!

61 - 80 of 109 Posts