MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Classic case of he said - she said.

I got my rebate form back that I sent to Smith and Wesson with a note telling me the offer is no longer valid. They insist they received my postmarked envelope past the expiration date (10/15/2007). I insist I know how to read and I sent it in before the deadline. She insisted the rebate folks do this all day long and never make a mistake. Needless to say, Mgr. Kate was more interested in arguing with me than sticking up for a customer. No way was she going to send me 2 AR magazines. She would give me a discount off the $30/ea retail price. Some deal.

I didn't think I needed to send the letter certified mail, why spend $5 to get $20 worth of parts? The bad part is Smith and Wesson Customer Service sent me back my original form, the copy of the invoice I sent them but NO copy of the postmark showing I missed the date. If they had all that other material to send me, what happened to the envelope with the postmark that shows I missed the date???

This isn't about a couple of magazines. This is about Smith and Wesson taking my side and taking care of the customer. I'd appreciate any and all suggestions on how I go about getting these two mags. If I come up empty handed, so be it. Smith and Wesson won't get another nickle of my business. No M&P45, no 686, no 1911, nada. nothting. zip. zero.

This bites...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dralarms said:
Call them back and try another CS rep. Sounds like that one is having a problem with realtity.

I talked to the "manager" of Customer Service. Her name is Kate.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Not as high as you talked, but he knows how to get things done. Being high up doesn't mean you get a better answer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had trouble communicating with "Kate" several month ago about another matter. She is very head strong until upper management starts to jingle her strings a bit.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
When customers know the name of someone in your CS chain and they have a common negative opinion, something aint right.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow. Mr. Whitehouse came through BETTER than promised. When we talked mid-December, he indicated my rebate information looked valid. According to my SN, the rifle was made in the right time frame to qualify for the rebate. He said he would take care of me but I would have to wait until after the Jan 1 for them to get back to work.

I just got FOUR 30rd magazines in the mail today. Kudo's to S&W, even if it took a little persistence on my part.

Thanks for the referral, Jester! I appreciate the help...

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
It's good to hear that they finally took car of you! 8)

I sent both of mine in with delivery confirmation...just in case! :?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I just sent my rebate forms today. certified us postal with confirmation. it cost me like 5 bucks. which is not all that bad considering i will be getting 50 and two mags back.

·
Registered
41 Posts
A Trick (of sorts) with Rebates

This does not only apply to S&W but all the rebates I fill in.

DO NOT write the date as numbers such as 6-7-07. This can lead to confusion, particularly if the fulfillment house has contracted the key punch to someone paid on a piece work basis... or God Forbid to India, Pakistan or Lower Wogawoga land.

I always use military dates... it forces them to actually look at the date... e.g. 7 JUN 07.

As a footnote, I have a fair number of S&W products... and from time to time I need service... Kate has always taken great care of me... someone must have caught her on a bad day...

FWIW

Chuck

1 - 19 of 19 Posts