MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a good pistol safe. Not to big, fit 2 pistols max. Quick entry. I don't care for the battery operated ones, but I may have to make due.

???

·
Registered
113 Posts
Gun Safe

What a coincidence, I am working on designing a new gun safe. I have a preliminary design and I could have it on the market in a few months. I have a few questions which might be appropriate for this forum.

What would be the quick access safe of your dreams and how much would you be willing to pay for it?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was also thinking about a between the stud wall safe. any one know of one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 3 year old and the only way my wife would let me keep my handguns is if I got a biometric safe. So I found the Bio-Vault 2.0. It runs on batteries or 120V AC. No Keys. You can get an optional mounting plate. It will hold a couple of handguns easily. I can get into it within 2-3 seconds easily. A bit expensive for about $450 (including shipping) but worth it.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Dunno how much I'd trust consumer grade biometrics. When your kid hits oh... about 7-8, they'll have a harder time ordering up some lockpicks, or learning to crack a combo lock than they will finding access to some crazy glue, gummi bears, celophane tape, a microwave, and the internet.

With such long term intimate contact with the key (you), that above is enough to get through even some professional grade fingerprint scnanners.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts