MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nice kydex IWB holster, but would also like to find a good leather OWB for my 9mm Shield. Who had a favorite, and what's great about it?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I have a nice kydex IWB holster, but would also like to find a good leather OWB for my 9mm Shield. Who had a favorite, and what's great about it?
"Whats great about it" is a matter of opinion. What one guy likes, the next guy wont. You`ll have to go to some gun stores and just figure out "what works best for you".

·
Registered
592 Posts
All my leather shield holsters are custom hand made type.
I find the best way is take my gun to gun show or lgs and fit it and holster as well as test fit on me.
I have 4 different ones and I like them all however I still have a couple other "ideas" as to where and how to wear it that I want ti try which means likely a couple more to buy.

No one can really recommend one for you. You will need to test them to how you carry and what works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
+1 on the Winthrop. They make a good product at a reasonable price. Another is the DeSantis Speed Scabbard. The HF2 from Tucker Gun Leather is also excellent.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I have Panther Concealment holsters in kydex, Warbird Leather and Brommeland Gunleather for leather holsters.

All are made to order.

Panther takes about a week, Warbird takes 4-5 weeks, and Brommeland 12-16 weeks from order to delivery.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I have a leather Don Hume H721 O.T. for my full size and love it. I mainly use it in the winter. It fits well and is quite comfortable. It holds the firearm snugly yet is easy to pull when needed.

I was unable to find holsters for the Shield on the Don Hume site however I have read on another forum that although they are not listed on the website they are in fact making them and some retailers have them in stock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the Desantis Thumb Break Scabbard Holster, Mini Scabbard, and the Galco Stinger. Really like them all. I've found that one or the others work well for different conditions. For IWB, I've been using a Raw Dog Tactical, but may be switching that over to a Desantis Cozy Partner. I prefer leather.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts