MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here. I don't own any M&P's yet. Does anyone know if anyone is doing slide milling for red dots on the M&P 2.0 Compact yet?

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I mounted a RDS on my 2.0 5" with a dovetail adapter from Outer Impact. No co-witness sight option, but I'm okay with that since it's not a carry gun for me.

https://outerimpact.com/product-category/smith-wesson-mp-pistol-red-dot-sight-adapter/
Thank you for adding that link jejb... i was looking around in there to see what they offered, and i found that they make a nice sight mount for the S&W Victory .22 Pistol.
Little pricey, but it looks like a really nice mount. THANK YOU!

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I called ATEI today and I spoke with a very nice lady there. I'm waiting for a call back with info if they can do a cut for the RMR or Vortex Venom on the M&P 2.0 compact.
I dont see any reason why they cant mill it. Hope it works out for you, that would be a nice pistol deserving a red dot.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I am sure L&M Precision can do it. They have done both of my full size slides.
Mark does a really good job. I see from his web page he is having some medical issues but if you are not in a hurry his work is top notch.
I think I would look at a Compact 2.0 if my 1.0 Compact sells. I always thought the Glock 19 size was perfect for an EDC gun. You should be very happy with an RMR'ed Compact 2.0.

https://www.landmprecisiongunworks.com/

·
Registered
1 Posts
I called ATEI today and I spoke with a very nice lady there. I'm waiting for a call back with info if they can do a cut for the RMR or Vortex Venom on the M&P 2.0 compact.
Hey just following up on this, wondering how you made out. I’m looking to do the same cut and either of those two red dots. Not sure which one yet. Thanks!
Sean

·
Registered
565 Posts
Smith & Wesson just released a new 4"compact that is already cut for an optic , it is a nice gun I picked one up and have a holosun 507k mounted, just waiting to get out to shoot it but have been dry firing and getting used to the optic.
You were able to mount a Holosun 507K on it? My 5" 2.0 CORE has a plate that takes the RMR and HS 507/407 regular size red dots but not the smaller K-versions. I wonder if the compact uses the same plates as the full size CORE guns.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You were able to mount a Holosun 507K on it? My 5" 2.0 CORE has a plate that takes the RMR and HS 507/407 regular size red dots but not the smaller K-versions. I wonder if the compact uses the same plates as the full size CORE guns.
I did have to modify one of the plates, it had 4 alignment pins where the Holosun only uses 2 so carefully with a file I removed the 2 rear alignment pins which allowed me to mount the 507k without issue .I do not remember where I read about this mod, perhaps on youtube on a video comparing the rmr cc to the holosun, the front mount pins are the same but the rmr has 4 pins

·
Registered
Full Size M&P 2.0 9mm for HP, Shield 2.0 9mm for EDC, M&P22C for training, BG380, M2.0 Compact OR
6 Posts
I've just ordered that same M&P 9C (SKU 13143) with the intention of mounting a RDS. I'm hopeful that I can figure out a way to use the Vortex Venom as it it highly rated and half the price of Trijicon and Leupold. There does not appear to be a mounting plate provided with the gun for that brand however and I have an email in to Vortex to see if they offer their own plate.

Anyone here have experience with the Optics-ready M&P9C and Vortex for guidance? Or have a suggestion for a good RDS in the <$300 range that will work out of the box? From what I see the Holosun 507C is the closest

·
Registered
Full Size M&P 2.0 9mm for HP, Shield 2.0 9mm for EDC, M&P22C for training, BG380, M2.0 Compact OR
6 Posts
Update: I received my new M&P 9C OR today and the LGS had the Venom in-stock at the same price as Amazon. Even though I like tinkering, I had them install the Venom and bore site it. They used the Docter mounting plate. Looking forward to lead therapy at the range tomorrow.

I chatted with a representative from Vortex who said the Venom is compatible with the Docter footprint. I also found this site which does a good job of showing cross-compatibility in case anyone else is interested

·
Registered
55 Posts
Question: I shoot the .40 cal, and have no plans of switching to 9mm. Yes I know, I'm a sinner. Can I buy an optic ready 4 inch 2.0 compact in 9mm, and just put my .40 cal barrel in it ? Usually the hole at the end of the slide is smaller than it is on the .40 cal. But I THINK, S&W actually made them the same size, and barrel swaps is possible. I have no grand illusions that Smith will make an optic ready .40 cal within the next 3 or 4 years. I would rather just buy a new pistol to use that slide than have my slide milled out on my .40 I currently have.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts