MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried firing my M&P 9 at the range today, but experience a LOT o problems. Double feeds, failure to extract, and bullets not going into battery...this was while I was using range reloads (I saw their shells were kinda in bad shape), but I was surprised that it happened when I used factory loads from Armscor.

I fired 18 rounds of Cor-Bon DPX with no problems though.

Anybody else experience this?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I hardly see how you could blame the gun at this point. Try running some semi-quality factory ammo through it like Remington UMC or WWB and see how it does.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Keyser Soze said:
I experienced a LOT o problems while I was using range reloads (I saw their shells were kinda in bad shape)

hmmmmmmmmmm.... You just might have identified the issue yourself.

Keyser Soze said:
I fired 18 rounds of Cor-Bon DPX with no problems though.

and fixed it too!

Good work!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not blaming the gun bro, just asking if there was any other incidents similar to mine.

I bought 100rds of Magtech 115gr ball ammo to continue the break-in process, and 200rds of bullseye ammo as well.

I was quite surprised that the Armscor factory loads also failed to eject, and feed. I've had good experiences with this in the past in guns that were supposed to be even more picky with ammo (my Kahr MK9 and PM9).

Unfortunately, WWB/Remington UMC isn't available in my location right now...

·
Registered
186 Posts
I haven't been to the range in ages (after a move) :oops: and only shot 425 rounds thu my M&P9
but ALL of them are my relaods and it never jammed once!

·
Registered
307 Posts
mad212 said:
my gun hates fiocci, ftf, fte, all sorts of issues.

Shows you the differences in guns, my M&P9 has functioned flawlessly with roughly 3500 rds of Fiocci along with 3000 other assorted rds.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My MP9 is probably at 2000-2400 rounds, mostly all my reloads and Ive yet to have a malfunction yet. Ive shot jacketed, moly, polymer black bullets, plated bullets, you name it and it has functioned like a champ.

I havent cleaned my mags in a while and they hit the ground 20+ times (each) every time I practice, and where I practice has crappy dirt/dust. So they have run with crappy mags for a while. I brushed them out very briefly after Sat's match, but I looked before I brushed them and they were VERY dirty, just as bad as my Glock mags get, and the MP still ran 100%.

I have also shot my duty MP40 for about 2400-2600 rounds with full power duty loads, in rain, mud, rounds sitting under water in ammo can, mags all over ground/mud and being stepped on during drills (SWAT training days) and the gun has been shot upright, sideways, upside down, strong hand, weak hand, every which way and has not malfunctioned yet.

I have been pretty happy and impressed with the reliability so far. Ernie Langdon had mentioned his MP40 had gone through 40,000 rounds without any malfunctions or catastrophes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies guys, I'm going to the range tomorrow, and fire my own reloads, as well as 200-300 factory rounds. Hopefully, I won't have the same problems. I'll bring a camera as well to document it. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
JohnN said:
[quote name='mad212']my gun hates fiocci, ftf, fte, all sorts of issues.

Shows you the differences in guns, my M&P9 has functioned flawlessly with roughly 3500 rds of Fiocci along with 3000 other assorted rds.[/quote]

I think I just need a few more break in rounds, but time will tell. I have a mpa, so old frame, old striker, and old mag follower on my original mags.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey Keyser Soze, welcome!

From my experience, the only problems I've had were while using Teflon reloads from the range (VIP and Firepower), but none so far while using Armscor or Magtech FMJ. I also recently tried the factory loads of Federal in MCS and I think 1 round had a 2ble load! That was bad as black powder went through the sides of the frame (i.e. black powder on my trigger finger, and I felt the blow on my hands)... I'm glad it didn't kaboom! I have yet to try the FMJ from PBD.

BTW, what serial number does your M&P9 have?

Sorry guys as this info pertains to ammo from our location here in Manila. Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey bro!

Don't bother trying the reloads in Jethro, whether they be lead or FMJ. Really bad. REally really bad!

My serial is MPV19**. Is there something I should worry about? Is this a lower number gun?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Keyser Soze said:
Hey bro!

Don't bother trying the reloads in Jethro, whether they be lead or FMJ. Really bad. REally really bad!

My serial is MPV19**. Is there something I should worry about? Is this a lower number gun?

Looks like MPV should already be one of the newer ones. Mine starts w/ MPJ. You'll get alot of valuable info from the guys here in the forum, and in the other threads. There have been some issues reported with some, but many believe this is a small percentage of all owners. So generally its really a fine pistol. On the other hand, more rounds into it will really dictate its credibility.

Another set of FMJ I'll be trying soon is Bulls Eye (from PBD). Hope the mags come in soon too. I suggest you reserve soonest from TT. They were delayed and might arrive Jan.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I got some Bullseye as well, but from Loner. I already reserved 3 17rd mags...hopefully they come on soon. For now I'm carrying my Colt Commander for EDC while I wait for my PTC (CCW Permit in the US) to be released.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts