MP-Pistol Forum banner

Reliability

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Bowie Tactical 
Nikon,

Field strip is very easy. Read the manual of arms and strip the gun and re-assemble a few times and you will be very comfortable with the process.

I now have 800+ rounds through my 40 with only 1 fail to bang. It was an S&B 165 FMJ that also failed to bang on the second strike. I have had no FTF of FTE issues. It shoots straight and true and it has become my regular carry. I have shot WWB, S&B, Commercial reloads, friends reloads, Speer and Corbon, all without the one issue which was most likely a bad primer.

Brgds,

TJQ

Nikon,

Excellent price if you purchase local, which it appears you have done. Buds Gun Shop, runs adds for a low as 369, however you then need to include the FFL transfer fees with your local FFL. Add shipping and a conservitive FFL fee of 25 bucks to transfer, looks like you did very well.

I paid 439 at a local GS in October. You did great on price. Now go out and shoot it and have fun! It shoots very well for a 40. Remember trigger discipline, as the reset point on the trigger is not that far out there. I have had 2 surprise bangs in double tap practice. Most likely my own trigger discipline, meaning only touch the trigger when you wish to fire.

Good luck, Happy New Year and Best Regards,

tjq

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.