MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my NIB SW MP2.0 cal .40, I picked Remington black and white box ammo Golden Saber 165 grs., BJHP High Performance Jacket ammo for defense for edc...Is it a good and reliable ammo...Tks

·
Registered
312 Posts
You need to shoot a new gun with any ammo you are considering to confirm it will function consistently - like 100%.

Right now, Federal Premium Personal Defense HST seems to be the gold standard for defense ammo. It's near the top in all categories.

You don't need it for general training (find some reasonably priced FMJ, same bullet weight, for that) but you should shoot enough of it to confirm there aren't any issues with functioning in your gun.

It does appear that Federal is restricting sales of 50-round "LE" boxes of HST to law enforcement, so if you find any for sale snap it up. A 20-round "display" box for consumers is about the same price.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Golden Saber is my second favorite round. Never had any issues with it. Also last time I checked you could still get HST (.45) in 50rd. Boxes at Target Sports USA.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Federal HST is in all my self defense guns. Best reliability, accuracy (for me).
And i pray everyday that i never have to use it... the ramifications and legal actions against you in a gun fight from it, are much worse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts