MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
might sound like a dumb question but i was wondering if wwb brasses are ok to reload(new to reloading and wwb so not sure) thanks for the help in advance.

kirby

·
Registered
937 Posts
I've had to uniform the pockets on a batch after a couple of loads, but no biggie.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Only warnings I would give on bras is to stay away from reloading AMERC headstamped brass. The cases split WAY too soon even with minor power factor loads.

Due to some issues I've been seeing locally with some PMC brass, I inspect those more closely for wear.

Watch out for winclean ammo or federal non-toxic. Primer pockets and flash holes can be a bit non standard. Both will have an NT on the headstamp. I haven't run into much winclean non toxic, so I haven't experimented. But I reload federal NT brass now, since as far as I can tell the larger NT flash hole is on all the federal .40 brass.

If you are loading .45, the NT brass has small pistol primer sized pockets rather than large, and you will just have to skip them as I haven't seen any load data for working up loads with small primers in .45. Probably safe with light .45 loads, but not worth the hassle IMO.

·
Registered
937 Posts
+1 on needing to uniform WWB brass. Even then, the pockets seem tight on the walls and I've had to fight my uniformer a little. You might get 1 or two loads before needing to uniform, though. CCI Blazer Brass is really good. I've got 6+loads on some of my 40 cal with only a small amount of headstamp wear.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pastor paul said:
good reminder, gray wolf. i didn't think about kirby25 possibly not knowing about not reloading aluminum cases.

yeah i knew and i think it even says it on the box or a website that has them for sale, but yeah good point and thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts