MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can any of you tell me about this round. I've heard good things about it, and heard my local LE uses it in 9mm, are there any differences between the .45 and 9mm. Why is it on Doc's list for 9 and .40, but not .45??? Any input or experience would be much appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
372 Posts
A few things to keep in mind about Doc's list:

1. Rounds missing from the list may not have been tested yet by Doc. They may still be good rounds and simply not have been tested.

2. Since all loads have not been tested, remember that not all good loads are on the list but all listed loads are good.

3. I don't know of a complete list of tested loads but he should be able to let you know if the round was tested.

MI_Jester

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that test was conucted in 1999. is there any chance that maybe they have improved that particular round in 8 years?

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
That's all I got.

FWIW, from Dr. Roberts' comments on tacticalforums.com it seems he doesn't have a very high opinion of this round.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I prefer the 230gr GS round to the 185...it holds together about the same (meaning I've had some shed jackets in media) as the 185, but if it fails to open, youve got 230 ball (which has to beat 185 ball), and whrn 230 does shed it's jacket, the slugs I was able to recover all wieghed about 185gr.

I don't know that a 185 weighs when it sheds it's jacket, but it can't be all that much.

I've since transistioned to 230 FMJ flat points from Hornaday...they open a nice wound channel, and they don't ever fail to do something like a hollow point can. - JM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts