MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for our resident M&P smith experts. For someone who wants the slide melted, could you also remove the light rail from the slide?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Assuming this is possible (which it probably is) be wary of creating holster fit issues down the road. It might cause the pistol to fit loose in the holster and generate some unwanted rattle.

Be sure to give us a peek if you do it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like your thread here. I don't hang lights, lazers, bayonets, etc off the front of my pistols. Right away I thought about slicing off the "rail" thing, but it will most likely cause holster fit issues. Like what happened when Glock added the "rail" to their pistols and I had to get new holsters to fit my new Glocks. Sheesh. But then again, my M&P40 will probably fit my Sigma holster if I grind off the "rail"....

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am just the opposite, I do hang a light/laser off of some of my pistols and do think they are a viable tool. However they do make it harder to conceal. After looking at the way the gun is secured in the Blade tech holster I don't think removing the rail will make any difference for two reasons. First, the slide is wider then the frame and secondly, it is secured mostly around the trigger guard. What the heck, if it doesn't work it isn't like I screwed up one of my custom 1911s.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I have been asked this before, and my answer was I think I can do it. It may get thin in a couple areas but this could be reinforced with some acraglass from the inside. The hardest part is making it look good afterwards and of course the cost of doing it right may be more than it is worth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts