MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I followed Dan's instructions and removed the Mag Safety Lever on my M&P 40. The spring I used to replace the lever and spring was a used Glock extractor plunger spring that fit like a glove over the retaining pin. I shorten the spring per Dans instructions and it works perfectly. Now I have a pistol that ops in the same manner as the SIGS, GLOCKS during tactical loads and range quals. I guess I'm too old to change my habits, thanks again Dan, your instructions were invaluable.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I too just removed mine the other day! Very clear, easy to follow direction made it a snap. I'm much happier now that it is removed. Thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Dan Burwell :wink:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Yeah I it took me a while to come up with something original and catchy

·
Registered
521 Posts
PosseLaw said:
The spring I used to replace the lever and spring was a used Glock extractor plunger spring that fit like a glove over the retaining pin. I shorten the spring per Dans instructions and it works perfectly. .

Thanks for the tip, I have a few friends that have Glocks...I'll see if they have any of those old springs laying around.

·
Registered
11 Posts
OK so I looked in my spring stash and could not find a suitable replacement. So I looked around for a spring to work and found 1! I used the spring from a click pen. Basically I looked through about 10 pens to find the stiffest I could. cut it to length and worked perfect. I am going to get another spring to have in case, but it got me by in a pinch!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I tried a 1911 mag release spring per Dan's instructions, but it wasn't large enough in diameter. Any suggestions on another spring I could use?

·
Registered
415 Posts
the 1911 mag release spring works fine so the the main spring from a smith j-frame

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
use the spring from an ink pen cut down to fit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts